U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 10:02 PM

5,412 posts, read 7,705,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I would pick Oklahoma as the number 1 worst state to live in the U.S. They have the worst education system in the U.S. and the fewest libraries. They have a large amount of toll roads, although I don't know where the money goes because the roads are crappy. I doubt things will get any better with the election of a tea party governor and her dedication to spending even less on education. These are not my only reasons. Here is a list of statistics about Oklahoma.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is against the tos

In second and third would be West Virginia and Mississippi (just very poor states).

Best place to live...Colorado. They have something for everyone. Boulder..very liberal, Colorado Springs...very conservative, and Denver...kind of in the middle. Just a beautiful state.
As an Okie myself, I can concur and say that Hotair is on the money.

Hotair is right, Oklahoma has nothing to offer any transplants so don't move here. You know what, you should try Texas! (Sorry in advance TexasReb, hee-hee).

We don't get along with self-righteous Yankees anyway so it is good that you have nothing to do with Oklahoma (....sorry you have to put up with this person, fine people of Arkansas!).

Colorado is waiting. Better get back quick and take your "progress" with you.

Cheers.

Last edited by Yac; 03-08-2011 at 07:20 AM..

Old 02-10-2011, 10:07 PM

15,847 posts, read 30,349,542 times
Quote:
I would pick Oklahoma as the number 1 worst state to live in the U.S. They have the worst education system in the U.S. and the fewest libraries. They have a large amount of toll roads, although I don't know where the money goes because the roads are crappy. I doubt things will get any better with the election of a tea party governor and her dedication to spending even less on education. These are not my only reasons. Here is a list of statistics about Oklahoma.

In second and third would be West Virginia and Mississippi (just very poor states).

Best place to live...Colorado. They have something for everyone. Boulder..very liberal, Colorado Springs...very conservative, and Denver...kind of in the middle. Just a beautiful state.
Your post leads me to believe that you have never been in either place.

Oklahoma is a fine state. I have never lived there, but been through there many times and always love the scenery and the people (I just don't like it when they are burning the fields *cough* *cough*.

Of course, my favorite state is Missouri followed very closely by Arkansas. Both of them are breathtakingly beautiful and filled with good, decent people.

As for my least favorite state. ha ha well that would be Colorado (as anyone who knows me on the Colorado forum will attest). I don't care for mountains and frankly, of all the states I have lived in (14 of them, last count), it was the only state where I absolutely HATED the mentality of the people. Now mind you, the people that I hated were not COLORADO people (who are really pretty great in an out-west kind of way), but actually the people I disliked from Colorado were the ones that had moved there from *someplace else* (I will not mention where, but I think you have a pretty good idea).

I also love Texas and Florida, mainly because of the beaches there.

20yrsinBranson

Last edited by Yac; 03-08-2011 at 07:19 AM..

Old 02-11-2011, 02:06 AM

711 posts, read 977,608 times
I'm convinced each state has something wonderful about it, even if you think it sucks.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:40 AM

1,645 posts, read 3,190,731 times
Well, I've been to 45, so I won't judge Alaska, Hawaii, North Dakota, Michigan, and Iowa yet.

Favorite: Louisiana
Runners-Up: Tennessee, Kentucky, Oregon

Least Favorite: Delaware
Runners-Up: New Jersey, Nebraska, New York

Old 02-11-2011, 09:54 AM

15,847 posts, read 30,349,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
Well, I've been to 45, so I won't judge Alaska, Hawaii, North Dakota, Michigan, and Iowa yet.

Favorite: Louisiana
Runners-Up: Tennessee, Kentucky, Oregon

Least Favorite: Delaware
Runners-Up: New Jersey, Nebraska, New York
Oh yeah. I forgot Louisiana. Louisiana is INCREDIBLE.

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-11-2011, 01:26 PM

514 posts, read 667,077 times
Thumbs down get over yourself

[quote=hotair2;17814385]Wow you have a big family. There are over three and half million people in Oklahoma. I did not know that one person is related to them all, but then again it is Oklahoma.

Hey I don't like Oklahoma and you don't like me because of it. I am o.k. with that. I have nothing against your family, unless of course you are related to all 3.5 million of them and I probably would dislike a few of them.[/QUOT

Get over yourself. I didn't say I didn't like you, I said your post is arrogant. I didn't say I was related to everyone in OK, I said that my family's been there since the land rush of 1900. Where do you live, BTW? And what makes you qualified to make judgments on the states?

Old 02-11-2011, 01:48 PM

5,847 posts, read 11,015,870 times
Couldn't live in Missouri. One of the ugliest and F'ed up states I ever lived (although central Pennsylvania is pretty bad, too). Alabama and Mississippi have no appeal to me either (except the coastal regions).

Don't think I could handle Kansas or Nebraska either.

Could easily live in Tennessee, West Virginia, Colorado, the Carolinas.

Love California, Hawaii, New York, Vermont, Connecticut

Old 02-11-2011, 03:24 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,190,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Oh yeah. I forgot Louisiana. Louisiana is INCREDIBLE.

20yrsinBranson
Yes.

Best weather, people, scenery, cities, food, music, culture, and history in the United States.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:22 PM

76 posts, read 88,553 times
Quote:

Best States : MS, AL, AR, SC, LA, FL, GA, TN, WV, ID, ME
Worst States: CA, AZ, NY, PA, OR, WA, UT, CO, WY, NE, KS

I've been to every state except AK, so can't comment on it.

HOTAIR2, I'm just curious, what about a state being "poor" makes it
undesirable. Every state I listed as the best is poorer, compared to
the majority in the US, and I live in the poorest of the poor, MS.

I find that I lack absolutely nothing in MS, so please enlighten me on
why a poor state is a bad thing? Define "poor" and how it would effect
someone in their day to day living that would make a place undesirable.

Last edited by Yac; 03-08-2011 at 07:19 AM..

Old 02-11-2011, 08:25 PM

12,439 posts, read 10,303,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeluksee View Post
Best States : MS, AL, AR, SC, LA, FL, GA, TN, WV, ID, ME
Worst States: CA, AZ, NY, PA, OR, WA, UT, CO, WY, NE, KS

I've been to every state except AK, so can't comment on it.

HOTAIR2, I'm just curious, what about a state being "poor" makes it
undesirable. Every state I listed as the best is poorer, compared to
the majority in the US, and I live in the poorest of the poor, MS.

I find that I lack absolutely nothing in MS, so please enlighten me on
why a poor state is a bad thing? Define "poor" and how it would effect
someone in their day to day living that would make a place undesirable.
That is a fair question. The poorer the state the higher the obesity rate, the lower the education, the lower average salaries, the higher the poverty levels, the lower the opportunities etc. etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.