Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 11:57 AM

22 posts, read 58,742 times

Advertisements

Thanks all. This is getting so hard for me.
Either place has pros and cons, I am an Asian, with a family and a son studies in east cost.
I like seattle for its new, enegetic. And close to Vancouvor.
But don't like rainy depressed weather.

I like Baltimore for its close to D.C and convenient location. But I don't like slums and crime rates.

I just want to find a place that is better for living and working.

Currently I like both of jobs.

Hard decision.....

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 01:19 PM

1,717 posts, read 4,647,570 times
I guess it depends upon what's moves you. Being close to the history and culture of DC, Philly and NYC.

Being close to the cities of Port.and, OR or Vancouver, BC

And then of course, there's always this.

Old 02-27-2011, 02:24 PM

7,268 posts, read 10,585,214 times
Just for some comparison:

University of Maryland
http://nowisgone.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/maryland.jpg (broken link)

http://nowisgone.com/

Baltimore Skyline

Baltimore: My kind of town - Telegraph

Chesapeake Bay

Chicken Poop in the Chesapeake Bay « The Green Scene at Furman

Western Maryland

http://www.mdisfun.org/Students/Page...opography.aspx

Annapolis

http://www.greatstreets.org/MainStre...Annapolis.html

Ellicott City (Baltimore suburb)

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/money...PL2419125.html

Old 02-27-2011, 08:20 PM

You're going with skylines? Really?

From the east looking west.

From the west looking east.

From the north looking south.

From the south looking north

And then there's the UW campus.

Old 02-27-2011, 08:41 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,032,687 times
I've heard Seattle's skyline is better in pictures than it is in person. I have yet to go to know if its true or not but I can definitely see the argument.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
I've heard Seattle's skyline is better in pictures than it is in person. I have yet to go to know if its true or not but I can definitely see the argument.
Better in pictures? LOLOLOL That's absurd. I suggest you take a ferry ride and then tell tell us it's overrated.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
Better in pictures? LOLOLOL That's absurd. I suggest you take a ferry ride and then tell tell us it's overrated.
LOL. Where did I say it was overrated?

Personally I haven't been, want to visit it though to see Seattle for myself in person and form my own opinion on it. Probably a pretty cool city, heard lots of great things about it.

Last edited by DANNYY; 02-27-2011 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: Tweak.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
LOL. Where did I say it was overrated?
Really?

Quote:
I've heard Seattle's skyline is better in pictures than it is in person.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
Really?
I think you're taking what I'm saying a bit too seriously here though. I'm not trying to be offensive, but rather objective on what I've heard.

See I haven't been to Seattle personally myself and have nothing bad to say about it, seems like an extremely stunning city. I like nature and wildlife and to me it seems like Seattle has an abundance of which around its area. But I also do like tall and powerful (and largely sizable) skylines too. I've lived in Asia & am from Chicago so I know my expectations can be a bit too much but I've seen some astonishing pictures of Seattle.

However, I have a few friends who viewed the pictures with me who have been, and told me at street level that the skyline isn't as large as it seems in pictures. Personally I don't know whether how true or not that is but its not just one or two people who have told me but quite a few.

For instance, here is a picture: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ef/Panorama_Kerry_Park_Seattle.jpg (broken link)

And here is another: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../Seattle_3.jpg

A lot of people told me that the Space Needle is actually further away from the skyline than these pictures show, and that Seattle's skyline isn't as cohesively built up in a dense and compact fashion as these pictures indicate.

Personally when you posted those pictures of Seattle's skyline earlier a few posts ago, it reminded me of those discussions I've had with friends about it, it seems large in some pictures and smaller and a bit more spread out in other pictures. I don't know yet, but I'm willing to check it out in person on street level to see for myself.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:50 PM

The architecture in Seattle is ho-hum.The natural splendor spectacular.

It is the natural splendor that makes it unique. And on that score, it's very special.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.