U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-24-2007, 01:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,109 times

Advertisements

My husband & I are contemplating to move to either Arizona or South Carolina soon. I have never been to either the places & hope to get more insight on both these places. I am a Human Resources practioner. It would be really helpful if we could be advised on employment; real estate; entertainment etc. Are there anyone out there who has lived at both these places before & could give us a comparison?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 05:49 PM

4,299 posts, read 10,295,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemy View Post
My husband & I are contemplating to move to either Arizona or South Carolina soon. I have never been to either the places & hope to get more insight on both these places. I am a Human Resources practioner. It would be really helpful if we could be advised on employment; real estate; entertainment etc. Are there anyone out there who has lived at both these places before & could give us a comparison?

I live in Myrtle Beach SC right now, but I'm no expert I have only been here for about 3 weeks now, all I can tell you I love it!!!! The temps are extrememly pleasant here and I've always dreamed of living near the ocean. I lived in Phoenix for 19 years. I liked the weather in Phoenix and overall the quality of life although things have changed alot over the years. I never regretted moving out of NY.

Housing is cheaper in SC as well as property taxes. Personal income tax is higher in SC though. Jobs in Phoenix are plentiful, I'm not sure what salary you are expecting though. I'm also not sure what part of SC are you looking at. I lived in the Charlotte area from Feb this year till a few weeks ago. Fort Mill and Tega Cay are minutes from Charlotte and there's plenty of jobs and seems to be a big hit with the transplants.

To compare I would say the Summer temps in the Carolinas are much more pleasant then hot dry heat.

Housing is cheaper in the Carolinas, the neighborhoods are greener and less illegals(sorry)

It's hard to compare because Phoenix is a desert and SC isn't. Visit both places, I would visit Phoenix in August for at least a week. This will give you an idea if you will be able to take the heat.

Good Luck. I hope that was somewhat helpful. Maybe others can share more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.