Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 10:14 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,676,840 times

Advertisements

I don't like either, but Florida wins because of Miami and significantly better coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 05:10 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,441,479 times
Ok. From someone who lives in Dallas/Ft Worth area. In the summer, we get an 'atmospheric cap' coupled with a High pressure cap. Causes pressure heating so that it runs up to 105-110 with lows that don't drop below 80. Can be over 100 for weeks in a row. Don't believe that 'dry' heat stuff. It is HOT. We routinely are back inside by 2 pm. Have been at the ball park at 10 pm and have it just dropping below 100.

Now, the positives. If you want a job, come to Texas. Businesses are moving in every day, businesses are being created locally every day. Corporations are moving into Texas to get away from high tax/high regulation states such as New York, CA, etc.

Traffic is a royal PITA. There are no beaches in this area, and the lakes are drying up. No scenery to mention. One individual mentioned no public lands. Texas kept its public land when it became a state as opposed to every other state, so we have much more land. You want some acreage, you can get it relatively inexpensively in East Texas, etc.

But, if you want a job or to start a business, come to Texas.

Old 05-28-2014, 06:57 AM

1 posts, read 2,977 times
Hi iam 16 and my mom wants to move to FL. recently people have been telling her she has made a bad decision because FL is a retirement state and there are little to no jobs. anyway my mom told me to research the states on which has the best colleges. does anyone have any advice for me on FL and Texas living conditions and their colleges. thanks i appreciate it.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:12 AM

184 posts, read 248,588 times
After leaving Ohio, i first moved to St. Petersburg, Florida and loved it. I recently moved to Lakeway, Texas for a job that paid to move me out here and I hate it. I would rather make less money and live back in Florida, just my opinion though. It fits me much better personally. I plan on moving back in September.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:23 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,998,827 times
If you've already made your money, Florida is great. If you're of working age, interested in business etc., Texas is the best option.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:51 PM

603 posts, read 931,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
I have lived in both. We enjoyed Austin very much and would have stayed if life circumstances didn;t cause us to move. We have now moved to the Clearwater area and love it here. The school's are good and we very much enjoy the lifestyle. Water, water everywhere.
Are they now?

Old 11-03-2014, 11:45 PM

65 posts, read 90,125 times
Dont like either but I would say Florida...

Old 11-03-2014, 11:50 PM

More to do and see in florida. They also have the famous disneyworld amd i think they have a sea world and six flags in south florida but i dont know for sure. If you dont like country music go to florida because in texas even mexicans and blacks like country, i have never met a texan who didnt listen to country.. and i hate country music but anyways. Overrall florida is better than tx. Tx has dallas and houston. Florida has tampa bay, miami of course, jacksonville,orlando and s much to see. They also have a universal studios and amusement parks. Its overral more exciting to live in florida than in tx.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:51 PM

Which do you prefer? East coast or gulf of mexico lmao

Old 11-04-2014, 02:44 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,165,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalifNumberOne View Post
More to do and see in florida. They also have the famous disneyworld amd i think they have a sea world and six flags in south florida but i dont know for sure. If you dont like country music go to florida because in texas even mexicans and blacks like country, i have never met a texan who didnt listen to country.. and i hate country music but anyways. Overrall florida is better than tx. Tx has dallas and houston. Florida has tampa bay, miami of course, jacksonville,orlando and s much to see. They also have a universal studios and amusement parks. Its overral more exciting to live in florida than in tx.
Wow you hating on a state in which you probably never been to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.