Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 09:00 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,210 times

Advertisements

That kind of talk about skin color really doesn't mean a lot. It's all in a person's own taste. To some, a slightly darker complexion is alluring.

Now, to me... A woman with nearly black hair... And when the sun is on the other side of her, the red highlights come out like a halo... MMMMmmmm..... Now, THAT'S sexy.

Eye color really doesn't matter, and the skin can be anywhere from black to white, or anywhere in between. It's the hair that does it. Ok. Yes, I do also look at the shape of the hips.

The point is, it doesn't have to be the color of the skin that is found attractive. For some, it's the feet. For some. it's the face. Others (probably quite a few) it's the bra size. One guy I used to know talked about how when he met his wife, he could put his hands around her waist and touch the thumbs in front, and the middle fingers in back. He also said that some 30 years later, his arms didn't reach around her.

The point is that you talk about skin color as if it's the only factor. It's not. (For me, it's still the hair. And, I really don't care what the color of the skin is. ) To some, it may be a laugh or the sense of humor. It may be that someone is quick to smile. There are a whole list of factors that get overlooked because of the issues of skin color.

Seems to me that the biggest problem is that either blacks or whites might date outside of their own race, if they knew the other side would be receptive. Best thing would be to come up with some kind of code that would let the other side know. It could bring about some very fulfilling relationships that won't happen otherwise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 07:22 AM

93,185 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Good point windwalker, as certain things might apply even in terms of such relationships in terms of attraction/preference. This could just be the case even in a general sense too. For instance, you might have say a White woman that is more curvy/voluptuous that might not get much attention from men of the same race, but might get attention from Black and Hispanic/Latino men due to preference/commonality or standard of beauty in said communities.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:16 AM

2,631 posts, read 7,013,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
I'm speaking in the context of relationships.

Even still, there are other jobs to be had out there. I'm not anyone's "big Black buck."

What I'm saying is that I think being a white women's fetish is the lesser evil.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
What I'm saying is that I think being a white women's fetish is the lesser evil.
but I think you are talking about something different. He is thinking in terms of race and it's influence on relationships, where as you are thinking in terms of a general view of race/racism.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:31 PM
(-)

690 posts, read 1,865,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
The next step is getting black men not to flip out if they see a black woman with a white man. (I have first-hand experience with this.)
as a black man, i'll say to you this...do your thing bruh! if you want to date a sister, and have the _____ to do so, have fun. my only complaint with interacial dating is that it seems like an unfair trade, i'm tired of you guys taking the keri washington's and giving us the maureen barkley's.

Old 03-28-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-) View Post
as a black man, i'll say to you this...do your thing bruh! if you want to date a sister, and have the _____ to do so, have fun. my only complaint with interacial dating is that it seems like an unfair trade, i'm tired of you guys taking the keri washington's and giving us the maureen barkley's.
Hey, what about the Kim Kardashians or Cocos? :/

Old 03-28-2011, 03:41 PM

639 posts, read 1,289,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Hey, what about the Kim Kardashians or Cocos? :/
Kerry Washington>>> Both of them, especially Coco, aka 100% plastic. Kim is hot, but not in Kerrys league.
Kim not only isn't as hot as kerry, but kerry has waaaay more class. Kim is rich but has no class. Kim is have some fun and brag to your friends kinda girl, or marry just so you can get her money type of girl. Kerry is marry me, have and raise my kids cause you really got it going on kinda girl.

Last edited by Observation; 03-28-2011 at 04:23 PM..

Old 03-28-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
Kerry Washington>>> Both of them, especially Coco, aka 100% plastic. Kim is hot, but not in Kerrys league.
Kim not only isn't as hot as kerry, but kerry has waaaay more class. Kim is rich but has no class. Kim is have some fun and brag to your friends kinda girl, or marry just so you can get her money type of girl. Kerry is marry me, have and raise my kids cause you really got it going on kinda girl.
I completely agree, but some like those two. Kerry is a down to earth wifey type and I dig that.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-) View Post

Not to go off topic or anything but where did you learn the word bruh?

Old 03-28-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
but I think you are talking about something different. He is thinking in terms of race and it's influence on relationships, where as you are thinking in terms of a general view of race/racism.
yeah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.