Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 02:02 PM

65 posts, read 165,020 times

Advertisements

Relax the height limit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 03:29 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,695,352 times
For me, I would like my current city of Los Angeles MUCH more if we had more precipitation in the form of rain and or snow. Especially in the summertime, we get no rain and the city is bone dry. I am basically an LA native because I moved here when I was 5 years old. Afternoon thunderstorms in the summer would clean up the air and make things more interesting. The dry, sunny weather here may be fine for those trying to escape from 4 season climates but these dry, sunny conditions are not good for the air or the plants or the trees. LA may be great for those suffering from arthritis but I am totally healthy. The last two days we had temperatures in the low 90s and the sun was really strong! And we are barely into April. It felt like you were standing next to an oven. it was pretty tough out there. But as I was saying, LA would be 10 times better if the precipitation level was higher. Especially if we had at least some snow in the winter. Not like Cleveland, Ohio amount of snow but just imagine if we had even 10 inches of it. I'd assume LA air quality wouldn't be the 2nd worst in the country if it had those conditions.

Last edited by AliveandWell; 04-02-2011 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 04-02-2011, 03:39 PM

769 posts, read 1,730,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
For me, I would like my current city of Los Angeles MUCH more if we had more precipitation in the form of rain and or snow. Especially in the summertime, we get no rain and the city is bone dry. I am basically an LA native because I moved here when I was 5 years old. Afternoon thunderstorms in the summer would clean up the air and make things more interesting. The dry, sunny weather here may be fine for those trying to escape from 4 season climates but these dry, sunny conditions are not good for the air or the plants or the trees. LA may be great for those suffering from arthritis but I am totally healthy. The last two days we had temeratures in the low 90s and the sun was really strong! And we are barely into April. It felt like you were standing next to an oven. it was pretty tough out there. But as I was saying, LA would be 10 times better if the precipitation level was higher.
Wow that's interesting, I always wanted the opposite. Miami has afternoon thunderstorms nearly every day from May to October. It gets a bit depressing in August and September when there are maybe 5 days in the whole month when the sun comes out. I guess the grass is greener on the other side, then.

Old 04-02-2011, 04:32 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,875,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
For me, I would like my current city of Los Angeles MUCH more if we had more precipitation in the form of rain and or snow. Especially in the summertime, we get no rain and the city is bone dry. I am basically an LA native because I moved here when I was 5 years old. Afternoon thunderstorms in the summer would clean up the air and make things more interesting. The dry, sunny weather here may be fine for those trying to escape from 4 season climates but these dry, sunny conditions are not good for the air or the plants or the trees. LA may be great for those suffering from arthritis but I am totally healthy. The last two days we had temperatures in the low 90s and the sun was really strong! And we are barely into April. It felt like you were standing next to an oven. it was pretty tough out there. But as I was saying, LA would be 10 times better if the precipitation level was higher. Especially if we had at least some snow in the winter. Not like Cleveland, Ohio amount of snow but just imagine if we had even 10 inches of it. I'd assume LA air quality wouldn't be the 2nd worst in the country if it had those conditions.
Bless you for wanting snow! All I hear from people is the opposite....how refreshing!

Old 04-02-2011, 09:28 PM

639 posts, read 1,289,468 times
Make myself king

Old 04-02-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
Make myself king
Hehe, don't we all wish that?

Old 04-02-2011, 11:37 PM

546 posts, read 1,176,778 times
I would suddenly have a huge city skyscrapers and all appear right next to mine, all empty and ready to be occupied, that takes the place of currently underdeveloped land. It would be great because then there would for a time be no need for new development of any sort and it would provide lots of cheap housing, office space, and retail for many people with none of the capital costs of building it and over time would become a fully functional city.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:47 AM

418 posts, read 809,394 times
Get rid of the crime

Old 04-03-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR23 View Post
Get rid of the crime
Yes, I dream of this too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.