Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2011, 10:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,067 times

Advertisements

My wife and I currently live in Naperville, IL and we want to relocate because our family is unhappy here. My job requires traveling within the states every week, so we need to be less than an hour from a major airport. My daughter lives in San Marcos where she attends college and lives with roommates so living a bit closer to her would be nice. I have a son entering his junior year of highschool after this summer so a good public high school is a must (8 - 10 on greatschools.org). He also plans on going to UCLA.

We're hoping for nice views with warm and sunny weather. We do not need anything more than 2000 sq. ft, but more is always nice, right? We're working with a flexible $500k budget. Anything upwards of $650k - $750k has to be just drop dead gorgeous for us to consider. Anything around $300k and we wouldn't even need a mortgage! We may also rent with a budget of $2500 - $3000 a month.

Some areas we've considered are Pheonix, San Diego (we LOVED Rancho Bernardo), the general Tampa area, Denver, and Austin. California is a stretch because most often our clients will be on the east coast, but it is unpredictable and I will be working with the same client for weeks at a time.

Any insight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2011, 06:35 AM

27,205 posts, read 43,896,295 times
The Tampa area would be a great pick for you I think. Check out Northern Pinellas County, which includes the the towns of Safety Harbor and Oldsmar/East Lake. The schools across the board are solid, mostly 9s and 10s. There is a wide selection of homes under 350K that should work for you and it's an easy drive into the Tampa airport (or the St Petersburg/Clearwater airport) from the area as well.

Safety Harbor FL - Official Website
City of Oldsmar, FL - About Oldsmar

Old 04-04-2011, 08:31 AM

93,287 posts, read 123,898,066 times
What about Albuquerque NM, Oklahoma City OK, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Houston, San Antonio and Nashville, among some others?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.