U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Flipinino

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmann101 View Post
I'm fed up with the artist from ATL. They always bring the same type of music! I get tired of the same dance beats talking about walking it out,snap ya fingaz,and crap! What makes it worse is that they always throw T-Pain in a remix thinking it'll make the songer better which makes it more worse imo!
And you think I'm not? LOL, haha. I was just remeniscing about the good old days. WAAAYYYYY before T-Pain. My only point was that we need to give credit to what the city of Atlanta has contributed to hip hop thus far. Think about before the year 2001.....the south really wasn't all that bad when it came to lyrical content. Ofcourse the south was nowhere near on the level as Hip Hop legends and originators from Chicago, Philly, Boston, New York and even out west to California. The south has never been credited for having lyrical abilities and I am comparing acts from the south in the PAST that were a lot more tolerable than they are today in our "D4L" slump era. Trust me, if you were to hit up the amazon website or even download UNDERGROUND artists from Atlanta on Kazaa or some other music sharing community, then I believe your opinion would change. There is 1 other atlanta artist I forgot.....JIM CROWE. JIM CROWE is a great representative of hip hop (non commercial).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2007, 06:49 PM

5,622 posts, read 6,677,638 times
Lil' John is one of the worst things to happen in the history of rap. The south should be ashamed.

Old 08-04-2007, 06:58 PM

332 posts, read 49,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
Lil' John is one of the worst things to happen in the history of rap. The south should be ashamed.
Why should we be ashamed because of him?lol....The north should be ashamed of the song "chicken noodle soup"=X

Old 08-04-2007, 07:02 PM

2,369 posts, read 4,503,348 times
Every region has breed alot of good rappers.The North just does or did it at a faster pace.

Old 08-04-2007, 08:24 PM
PPG

507 posts, read 1,026,397 times
Some underground Pittsburgh stuff.

MySpaceTV: Bloccs Projects & Entertainment DVD VOL 1 by PITTSBURGH DVD

Old 08-06-2007, 04:29 PM
Flipinino

n/a posts
I'm sorry PPG, I watched that video and I don't know if you're from tha burgh or if you support the activities that go on in that video, whether it was for promotional purposes or not. I really have no idea what your intentions were so since I don't know you and what your all about I'm not going to direct this toward you personally. But yo, that video is strictly sad. Everything that went on in that video has been going on in California for decades and all of that crippin and bloodin, gangbangin and whatnot is all glorification of the streets. Most of who was on that video should be ashamed. I've seen that popular DVD "Hood 2 Hood" where that director from the bay area goes to nearly every dangerous city he can to let ignorant people who don't know what goes on in the hood is dangerous. Yo, the only reason that it's dangerous in the hoods today is only because hollywood (hollyHOOD) and Rap artists and their record labels promote violence and Glorify Gang affiliation. The so called "roll models" of our new millenium are supporting stuff like this and implying that it's such a positive thing to "act a fool". The majority of these people in the video are cowards because even though psychologically in their minds they believe that they are leaders, when in fact they are Followers and are a disgrace to how to make things better in the ghetto. No disrespect, but that's some pretty depressing footage right there.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:26 PM
PPG

507 posts, read 1,026,397 times
Sorry flipping nino, but you are not allowed to have an opinion when you call someone a "roll model".

Also, I do not support this stuff but this is how it is in some places. You are right, it's sad.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:38 AM
Flipinino

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPG View Post
Sorry flipping nino, but you are not allowed to have an opinion when you call someone a "roll model".

Also, I do not support this stuff but this is how it is in some places. You are right, it's sad.
LOL, HAHAHAHAHA. Well, I did and according to my constitutional rights, it seems that our countrys founding fathers saw it differently in regards to what they did or did not allow.

Also, you don't know how happy that makes me that you don't support this type of stuff. Puts an indefinate smile on my face. Although, in the year 2007...........people who are living in inner city ghettos, slums, and projects as a result of poverty are not dealing with any type of oppression or segregation that once happened in the 1960's. You see, in the 60's there was the Black Panther organization that later birthed our future gangs of today in the late 1960's of Los Angeles like the crips and the bloods mainly. A lot of controversy started between both of these gangs which eventually fuled into gang rivalry and contributed to the increase of crime rates. Those were the excuses that were used from the 60's all the way to the mid 90's. Excuses supported by partial truth. Those facts made their arguments valid. Yet, what is happening now? Yes, the country is dealing with a large flow of immigration. But what does that have to do with that video? I saw no one at all that fit the description of a hispanic male or female. Hispanic gangs are prominent today. MS-13 is getting stronger everyday. How is the gang of the crips and bloods still making an impact on our society right now as we speak? It's all word of mouth. It's about popularity. It's about glorification. These kids, some who are as young as 11 years old are being tempted by what makes gang bangers so "cool" and "desirable" by the opposite sex. It's not about oppression anymore......it's about RESPECT. These reality/documentary dvd's, youtube, Gangsta rappers images as well as advice on music and cd's, beefing between each others record labels and members of the label, Hollywood movies who seem to show no type of value or morals. You know.....I can even mention Italian and Cubana gangster movies like The Godfather, Resevoir Dogs, and most importantly SCARFACE. These good people don't have a motive anymore. There is no justification for all the violence that is going on or what's happening. The only reason why this is how it is in some places is only because ignorant people are OUT OF CONTROL. They let this happen. Nearly every single bad neighborhood in this country is in a CONTEST. A contest to see which city can be more "grimey", gutter, gangster, thugged out, and in plain english blood spilling Violent. Young teenagers who are involved, glorify violence and compare body counts of how many people they've killed in their lives. They do it for street credibility. For respect and power.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:36 PM

2,369 posts, read 4,503,348 times
That was kind of like The Hood 2 Hood DVD except it was in Pittsburgh.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:56 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,331,273 times
St. Louis: Nelly, Chingy, Jibbs, Murphy Lee, J-Kwon, Akon, Ebony Eyez, Slow Down, KyJuan, St. Lunatics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.