Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 06:51 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,967,758 times

Advertisements

It depends. Are you more of a "black-liberal" type. Which means economic liberal, but socially on a more conservative side?

Or are you hardcore full on left-wing liberal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 06:53 AM

I just realized this is a very old thread. Who bumped it?

Old 05-16-2013, 09:59 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,972,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goat314 View Post
I would actually have to disagree on this one. Most blacks are not liberal in the "San Francisco" way (no offense to San Francisco). Many blacks are actually socially conservative on many issues. We are just strong advocates for a strong social safety net, worker's rights and an involved central government (for obvious historical reasons). Most blacks are not "liberal", because of their support for gay issues, save the whales, or any other "left wing" idealogy.
That seems to best describe me well, because these are the issues I really care about most!

Old 05-16-2013, 11:02 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,963,320 times
Both gays and blacks face discrimination! As a gay black male, I experience discrimination as a black man more so than as a gay man. As a group and I repeat as a group (meaning not all) gay community can learn a lot about tolerance from with in other groups especially when it comes to race, gender, gender identity and age. Since moving to a major city, I've noticed to much racism and segregation in the gay white community. It seems very silly when I hear them say listen to us but they don't want to listen to senior gays, black gays, white straight conservatives (they love to accuse them of hate) black straights and everyone else who wants to say they are different. It's all about them and it's backwards.

Everyone needs to be respected but we are living in a time where everyone wants to be a victim.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:17 AM

1,110 posts, read 1,972,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Both gays and blacks face discrimination! As a gay black male, I experience discrimination as a black man more so than as a gay man. As a group and I repeat as a group (meaning not all) gay community can learn a lot about tolerance from with in other groups especially when it comes to race, gender, gender identity and age. Since moving to a major city, I've noticed to much racism and segregation in the gay white community. It seems very silly when I hear them say listen to us but they don't want to listen to senior gays, black gays, white straight conservatives (they love to accuse them of hate) black straights and everyone else who wants to say they are different. It's all about them and it's backwards.

Everyone needs to be respected but we are living in a time where everyone wants to be a victim.
That last statement is the truest statement ever!

Old 05-16-2013, 07:11 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,738,680 times
D.C. or Atlanta.

Chicago would be a third option.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
Detroit.
A city that's completely run by church pastors can't be too liberal.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post
America's 25 Most Liberal Cities:

1 Detroit, Michigan

2 Gary, Indiana

3 Berkeley, California

4 Washington, D.C. Dist. of Columbia

5 Oakland, California

U.S. Cities With the Most Tech Jobs: No. 19 City for Tech Jobs: Oakland - BusinessWeek
See previous post.

Democrat doesn't necessarily equal Liberal.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
A city that's completely run by church pastors can't be too liberal.
Remember. Black folks ideas of liberal are totally different than your typical, far left idea of liberal.

Old 05-17-2013, 03:21 AM

154 posts, read 245,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
It depends. Are you more of a "black-liberal" type. Which means economic liberal, but socially on a more conservative side?

Or are you hardcore full on left-wing liberal?
Social issues are not limited to just same sex marriage and abortion. I remember reading some national polls which reveal that the majority of Blacks are liberal on social issues like affirmative action, gun control, the death penalty, and immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.