U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2011, 08:05 PM

10,880 posts, read 23,737,026 times

Advertisements

I know FL, TN, and CA? What others?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 09:52 PM

3,391 posts, read 6,927,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
I know FL, TN, and CA? What others?
Can you reword or further explain your request? I don't know what "share of cost medicade for adults" means but I am familier with medicade where I live.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:26 PM

10,880 posts, read 23,737,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
Can you reword or further explain your request? I don't know what "share of cost medicade for adults" means but I am familier with medicade where I live.
Share of cost is part of Medicaid. It's for low income adults. You don't have to be disabled either. Every month you have to reach a certain amount in medical bills according to your income and then you are eligible for Medicaid for that month. Alot of states only offer Medicaid to the disabled, elderly, children or pregnant women. There are a select few that offer it to low income adults. Hope this explains it better.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:13 PM

3,391 posts, read 6,927,706 times
OK....no I never heard of that. In PA you can be a normal adult but have less than $3,000 in negotible assets (doesn't include house, car etc) and be very low income to get medical assistance but either you get it or you don't, it isn't month to month or dependent on your medical bills if any. If you have no income it is free but if you are low income you pay somthing in premiums on a sliding scale depending on your income.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:14 PM

3 posts, read 4,585 times
In April of 2011 I had a baby boy by way of c-section I had some serious complications almost died. In order to save my life the doctor had to give me an ileostomy that is reversible in 3 months at that time I had full medicaid. I no longer have full medicaid now I have share of cost and now the doctors have scheduled me for the surgery am worried. Will the share of cost pay for my surgery or will I have to come out of pocket to prior to surgery or would I be billed later?

Old 09-15-2011, 06:22 PM

As stated in my previous email am scheduled for surgery as of next week and I have share of cost also I am on unemployment benefits my share of cost is $818.00 per month am concerned that the surgery will not be preformed because of the coverage I have. I just want to know what are my options or will the hospital preform the surgery and bill me later or will I have to come out of pocket prior to surgery? Also is any helpline that I can call or even get emergency medicaid to cover this surgery because my illness is a preexsiting condition from the c-section I had in April of 2011?

Old 09-15-2011, 06:34 PM

Default Share of cost

Hi here is my dilema I had a c-section in April of 2011 there was alot of complications the doctors had to operate for the 2nd time to save my life I ended up with an ileostomy. This ileostomy would be reversible in 3 months however it was delayed. I had full medicaid until August 31,2011 then it was changed to share of cost. Now am scheduled for surgery as of next week for the reversal. My concern is that my share of cost is $818.00 per month am worried that the surgery may not take place because of the insurance I have. My question is will I have to come out of pocket prior to surgery or will the surgery take place and I will be billed what are my options?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.