Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 10:02 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,743,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzy View Post
I'll be sure to bring this thread back up when I get back. We are actually passing through Louisville twice on the trip. First from west to east, then from south to north. We will be staying there both times. The plan is to hang out downtown or out along Bardstown Road where I hear there are a lot of cool places to hang out at. Also getting some Tony Boombozz pizza one night and staying at the Holiday Inn downtown.

I think the cities that I am most intrigued about are Louisville, Pittsburgh, Raleigh area, Ann Arbor, Madison, and the Twin Cities. But I'm looking forward to checking out all of those places.
If you have specific questions about Louisville, feel free to PM me. Also, there are much better hotels than the Holiday Inn downtown for the same price or cheaper. Again, let me know if you would like advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 06:16 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,080,858 times
Razzy make sure you go to the Louisville Zoo while you are here too. Not only are the animals wonderful, but the plants are beautiful as well! Tons of different Magnolia trees, Crepe Myrtles, Viburnums, and tons more!

Old 08-06-2007, 09:16 AM

1,565 posts, read 4,310,524 times
Visit DC on the weekend, not on a weekday cause of rediculous traffic. Use the metro. Visit the air and space museum outside dullas airport. Other very nice museums there.

Pittsburgh, visit the zoo. It's top notch and only one of six places to have an aquarium in the zoo. Mount Washington is also nice.

If you like planes the Official museum of the air force in dayton has some sweet stuff in there including the experimental F-22, Boeing Bird of Prey (experimental UAV), and the only on display B-2.
Philly, eh, it's not that great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.