Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2007, 03:02 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,473,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan View Post
most of them are all talk and just posing for the camera trying to act really tough, but i seen alot of footage on youtube that is exposing them. NYer's blood and crip gangs are more of a fashion statement but in LA its really real. im sure they got some real new york blood and crip gangs bcuz i heard some cali gangmembers moved out there and some started in rikers island. LA is on a whole diff thang but its turning more into black vs mexicans in southern cali
Good let 'em rid the planet of each other,we got enough problems in this country.

Old 09-12-2007, 03:07 PM

3 posts, read 23,164 times
Richmond,california....north

Old 09-12-2007, 04:44 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,395,129 times
IMO, the worst neighborhoods in America lie somewhere within these following cities: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, St. Louis, Detroit, Milwaukee, Cleveland, the Twin Cities, Atlanta, Houston, and Dallas. All of these cities have well-known bad neighborhoods and all have fairly high crime rates. Some of the listed cities only have bad crime in their city limits. For others, it is a problem throughout the whole metro. THe Southern and Western cities in particular tend to have high crime in their entire metros. In general, as metropolitan areas, the Midwest and Northeast only have isolated pockets of crime within their ghetto areas and city limits, and are relatively very safe as overall metro areas. A good example...St. Louis...number one dangerous city...the St. Louis metro area? 130 on the list for most dangerous metros, pretty safe overall. I consider a city that has a crime problem throughout its entire metro areas MUCH more dangerous than a city that just has crime in isolated pockets.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:03 PM

I guess many places are jockeying for the worst crime rate because Philadelphia so far this year supposedly has the #1 murder rate.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:07 PM

6,562 posts, read 12,048,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
A good example...St. Louis...number one dangerous city...the St. Louis metro area? 130 on the list for most dangerous metros, pretty safe overall. I consider a city that has a crime problem throughout its entire metro areas MUCH more dangerous than a city that just has crime in isolated pockets.
Atlanta is another example of a dangerous city but it's overall metro area is pretty safe. The reason is because the population of Atlanta city limits is only 10% of the entire metro area. Also, most of the crime that happens in the metro area happens within the ATL city limits. Furthermore, majority of the crime that happens in Atlanta happens in SW Atlanta, which is like Atlanta's version of South Central. Downtown Atlanta is relatively safe with a minimal number of occasional incidents. However, the statistics and media tend to cause fear in people and make it seem worse than it is.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:10 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,047,955 times
South Bronx, NY

Old 09-12-2007, 05:26 PM

54 posts, read 468,416 times
I think D.C. is definitely full of crime. Pittsburgh is a possibility, I was thinking about moving there, but I am still debating and researching. I find that for a small place 300,000+ a lot of crime happens compared to the numbers of bigger cities. Detroit has it's crime, but it's not boiling over like some of these other cities. But the Mother of all Mothers is New York City. New York is full of crime, bums, prostitutes, drug users and people with bad attitudes. I will never visit New York again, my relative lives there and they are getting out. That place is crazy, anybody traveling to New York had better look up
BODY-GUARDS FOR HIRE.COM

Old 09-12-2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Lakes Girl View Post
New York is full of crime, bums, prostitutes, drug users and people with bad attitudes. I will never visit New York again, my relative lives there and they are getting out. That place is crazy, anybody traveling to New York had better look up
BODY-GUARDS FOR HIRE.COM
I've always thought those things about NY myself and although living close enough to there I've never had the desire to visit,but I do know people that go all the time and tell me my thinking is out of line. I have heard that crime has gone down considerably there,due to 9/11,the current mayor,what have you,I'm still not sure it's the greatest there.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:44 PM

234 posts, read 1,158,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
Yeah, that dude going on with Blood signs was fake... Or how about the guy shooting the gun, or how about the guy yelling at the paramedic to see what hospital his wounded brother was going to? Or how about the guy waving the pistol in the camera? Or how about the clip where all the NYPD cops were standing after a shooting of 15 shots? Or how about those street fights? Or how about the guy who was talking about his gunshot wounds while sitting next to his pitbull? Yeah, this is so "fake."

Do you think the Hip Hop Nation really cares who started the Bloods? No, either way they'd kill your ass in a second.

And actually, the Bloods in East Harlem are much, much worse than the Bloods in LA. In Harlem, they are known for slitting innocent civilans faces with razor blades. I've actually been doing research on crime in America for a US History project and have contacted FBI agents. They even said the Crips and Bloods are diminishing in LA, while in NYC, they are growing. Either way, no matter what location they are at, they're cold-blooded murderers and should be locked up for life. You seem to promote crime a lot. You're the one who said the Mafia is a sissy gang, right? And the Crips or Bloods would easily take them out? lmaoooo!

hey i know its bad there, but how that guy saying aint no rodney kings going on over there. please what happen when that black guy got shot like 50 times by the cops? aint nobody do nothing. that guy is just flapping his gums. all those smack dvds have guys waving guns in the camera. what does that prove? right when that camera light is filming thats when everyone try to act all wild. i see thru that. i dont know about the other clips u shown bcuz i just seen like 2 clips. street fights dont mean anything. i seen street fights in nice nieghborhoods. hey there was some clips of the bronx where u can tell they was real and not just posing for the camera, same with queens.
We all know LA started the bloods. u just dont want to amit that NY has copied LA with the bloods and crips. but still there is things that everyone stole from NY.

lmaooooooooooooooooooooo@And actually, the Bloods in East Harlem are much, much worse than the Bloods in LA. <<<< are you serious? futurecop where do u get ur info from? you sit on ur pc all day making up lies. do u think slitting innocent people face makes you bad? anyone who knows anything about la gangs would tell you LA gangs is on a whole diff level. Go to the nickersons garden in watts. those idiots would chop your body up. Go to compton. go to inglewood. go to even san bernardino. if ur black period walking down the wrong street will get you killed same with mexicans. the police have to go to certain areas deep or they aint making it out. Even the mexican gangs are crazy as hell and they will kill blacks on site. lol u havent been doing $hit, lol who are u trying to fool. i know all about gangs bcuz i live amongst them. you might know alot about NY gangs but come to southern cali and you will see the difference. the gangs in LA are moving out to san bernardino and other places bcuz of the high price homes and some might want to get away from all that madness. check out the source awards or the allstar weekend. I dont promote crime i just know alot about it bcuz i was raised in that enviroment and i want to get the hell out bcuz i cant stand them period. if it was up to me i would throw them all in jail. i didnt say the mafia was sissy. i know there not, im not bias but u was saying that ny mafia would run the gangs out of LA which is crazy.
LA aint scared of a mafia. there are gangs out here who will target abody even kids. trust me i hate them and it makes me want to be a cop too so i can arrest them. Thats LA main problem to me they need to make the city more safer.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:06 PM

234 posts, read 1,158,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
Same thing goes on in LA. LA has more wannabe gangs than anywhere in the country. That's all out there, wannabe gangs. I hate them so much. I'd rather experience a real inner-city gang than those wannabe ****ers. Those wannabes in LA wouldn't even last one-tenth of a second in East Harlem, Newark, Camden, West Philly, Southside of Chicago, Detroit, or New Orleans. Fact is, every city has their "wise guys." But LA, it's more of an "I wish I was" kind of thing. Those LA gangs were influenced by Miami, Chicago, and New York gangs.

In LA, you got those idiots throwing up the "W" for West Coast. It's so gay. Who does that? Wannabes, exactly. If you're tough enough to throw it up in LA, be tough enough to go to West Philly and throw it up.

whats with ur hatered of LA? do you know thats a sign of jealousy. If u was really happy about the city that you live in then why are you always saying negative things about Los Angeles? thats a sign of jealously lol. how do u even figure LA has more wannabe thugs? hahaha you know nothing about gangs. The game and his crew was walking around in harlem , and he showed up at rucker park and fought someone. let any new york rapper come to a LA hood.futurecop ur a winnie lol your living in a nice neighborhood bhind ur pc acting like you know whats real and whats fake. hahaha then u say the N word bcuz ur getting pissed off. thats that jealous spirit in you. lol hey im black too and i hate gangs alottt. LA has the worlds most dangerous gang which is the MS-13 gang. they dont care who they kill. 1 Ms-13 gangmember would go up to a group of 30 gangmembers with cops around and still try to kill them. they are heartless. some gangs have some morals but not them. futurecop come to LA with all ur klan friends and watch all of them get killed in front of you. LA is the gang capital of the world. these aint those fake new york bloods you have out there. dont be mad that snoop dog and deathrow went to ny and dissed ny in there own city. that wont happen in LA believe that. ghostface is from NY and he is dissing his own city saying NY is soft bcuz they didnt do anything when that guy got shot in the subway, and he said if that would of happen in LA they would of tore the city down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.