Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 08:54 PM

93,292 posts, read 123,941,088 times

Advertisements

What are some places in your state that would or could attract more visitors if they were marketed more than they are? Here are some I can think of for NY: The Village of Sackets Harbor NY - Experience the Treasures!

Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, house prices, home value estimator, recent sales, cost of living, crime, race, income, photos, education, maps, weather, houses, schools, neighborhoods, and more
Abay.com - Alexandria Bay - Alex Bay - Web Site With Attitude !!
Thousand Islands | 1000 islands | Tourism Info | Images Thousand Islands Region
Visit 1000 Islands: Official Tourism Bureau of the Thousand Islands Region

Skaneateles Area Chamber Of Commerce - Welcome to Skaneateles

Greater Cazenovia Area Chamber of Commerce
Village of Cazenovia

Historic Lewiston, NY
Chamber of Commerce - Lewiston NY, Youngstown NY, Porter, Ransomville, & Sanborn ..::.. Lower Niagara River Region Chamber of Commerce
Artpark: Western New York's Premier Destination for Music, Theatre, Family Fun

Village of East Aurora
Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, house prices, home value estimator, recent sales, cost of living, crime, race, income, photos, education, maps, weather, houses, schools, neighborhoods, and more
GREATER EAST AURORA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE

Jell-O Gallery
The Village of LeRoy

Welcome to Plattsburgh New York
City of Plattsburgh
Plattsburgh North Country Chamber of Commerce

Auburn, NY History & Tourism ~ Central NY Attractions ~ Cayuga and Finger Lakes Wine Trails
The Official Site of City of Auburn, NY

Clinton, New York: Historic Village of Clinton, NY Shopping & Entertainment Travel Guide
Clinton, New York: Chamber of Commerce: Clinton, NY Business - Event Listing: located in Oneida County: home to Hamilton College, NY, 13323, Central ny, Clark Mills, Franklin Springs, Deansboro, Oriskany Falls, Utica, Central New York, Mohawk Valley,

Village of Hamilton - Welcome to Hamilton New York

Sylvan Beach NY Oneida Lake, Amusement Park, Dining, Services and Entertainment Guide, New York
Sylvan - Verona Beach Resort Association, Sylvan Beach, NY

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 05-02-2011 at 09:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 09:03 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,802,109 times
Kentucky
---------
1. Louisville
2. Cumberland Gap region (i.e.: Corbin, Cumberland Falls State Park, Cumberland Gap National Historic Park)
3. Kentucky lake region (i.e.: Kentucky Lake, Lake Barkley, Land Between the Lakes), although this area already attracts a large amount of tourists in the summer even without tremendous advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 09:11 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,743,952 times
The entire state of Pennsylvania.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:32 AM

93,292 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
The entire state of Pennsylvania.
Are there any specific attractions though? I thinking in terms of vacation/tourist spots or certain communities.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:16 AM

5,002 posts, read 9,154,555 times
Mobile Alabama

Old 05-03-2011, 08:29 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,629,876 times
paterson falls in paterson, nj.. now a national park or area or something national, its one of several smaller attractions to nj. but u can easily make a long vacation out of nj. so much good stuff to experience. some of the best camp grounds, six flags, liberty state park, washington crossing, cape may, newark museum, camden aquarium, etc

Old 05-03-2011, 10:11 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,473,841 times
those on the KY forum know I'm a big backer for a new National Park in SE Kentucky's cave region. It is the world's 5th largest collection of caves, in terms of miles!! Unlike the Mammoth Cave region, the caves in SE Kentucky have rarely been toured, mostly they've been used as distilleries for moonshine.

The world's premier cave destination is already located at the other end of Cumberland Parkway. KY could dub the road "America's Cave Corridor"

Old 05-03-2011, 10:20 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,091,766 times
the bronx-NYC-NYS

The bronx zoo. Biggest metro zoo in america and biggest zoo in nyc
Arthur ave-Great food
New york botanical garden-Best in the city
Yankee stadium
pelham bay park-biggest park in the city
city island-great sea food

Old 05-03-2011, 10:43 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,299,621 times
This would target only certain people rather than the mass, but ~

I would say Eastern Oregon in general. Which ~ I emphasize strongly! ~ is NOT at all like the Oregon people conceive in their minds. The green Oregon is only west of the Cascades; the east side is all desert, and is very awesome in its own way. There are lots of ghost towns (Oregon Trail history in most cases), hiking, the glorious Wallowa Lake, and Steens Mountain, which is supposedly the darkest spot in the nation for avid astronomers.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:00 AM

1,953 posts, read 3,877,552 times
Apparently you can go skiing in far North Jersey? I don't know, I've only ever heard it mentioned on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.