Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: You feelings about winteri
I LOVE winter 69 55.65%
I HATE winter with a passion 55 44.35%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 09:51 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,324,530 times

Advertisements

I HATE Winter, you can't do anything and you're always cold. I guess where I live doesn't have a "Real Winter" conpared to New England or the Plains though (although I'd say the past 2 Winters qualify as "real" but it's extreme for NYC). If I hate NYC's Winter then I could never deal with anything colder which a large chunk of the country is.

For me the cold is much more uncomfortable than heat. I'd rather be outside in 95-105 than 35-45.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 10:10 PM

631 posts, read 1,093,247 times
What's a "real" winter? LOL

Old 05-10-2011, 10:29 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,957,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
You'd like being in MN today. Here in the Twin Cities it was 93 (if the thermo at Walgreen's is to be believed) and the dew point was 70! Felt like I was back in Miami.
If that thermometer was right, it was hotter there than here! Not a common occasion in May!

Old 05-10-2011, 10:46 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times
I LOVE winter in Texas [best weather during this season here] however, I HATE it up north.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:00 PM

115 posts, read 207,997 times
Real winters aren't too bad for a couple of months (November, December, Early January), but once it gets into late January it just gets boring, which is why most of the posts complaining about winter happen in January, February and March. From a Minnesotan's perspective, winter is supposed to be our speciality, but even we hate it eventually. Thank god for spring!

Old 05-10-2011, 11:08 PM

12 posts, read 11,252 times
I *only* hate winter because I live in Minneapolis (area). Winter is long, harsh, and endless here. Its so depressing especially when you're far from the city.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:12 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,634,523 times
I don't mind it for about month say from Thanksgiving to New Years, then after that I'm done with it. I even think Southern CA's winters are too cold, haha.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:43 PM

6 posts, read 13,999 times
I think it all depends on where you were raised and grew up. I grew up in Greenville, South Carolina where we can truly enjoy the 4 seasons! I LOVE SC's weather!! Moved to Memphis, TN for 4 yrs and never knew HOT & HUMID until Memphis!! Of course being hugely pregnant (baby weighed 11.9) in the dead of Memphis July Heat where the heat index gets up to 115-120 degrees might have something to do with it. I now live in Cleveland, Ohio. Only been here 9 months and I move again in 6 weeks (yes! I'm counting down the days!!). All this dang snow is for the Polar Bears, not human beings!! Of course, the one year we move to NE Ohio... the winter is the worst they've seen in decades! The day we moved from Memphis, TN to Cleveland, OH... Memphis was 121 w Heat Index, Cleveland was 93! That was a nice break from the heat, but when September came rolling around and I found myself already wearing blue jeans and a jacket... I knew I was going to be in trouble!!! I don't mind cold & snow, but the cold and snow of NE Ohio vs. TN or even SC is WAY DIFFERENT!! "Southern Snow" comes one day, we get out of school, we make "snow cream", we all rush to get bread & milk, we crank up the 4 wheelers, we put a pot of soup on the stove, etc...WE GET EXCITED b/c we realize it may be our only snow of the year and we know how to make the best of it and enjoy it. Then ALL snow is gone within a day or 2! After spending one winter here in NE Ohio, I soon realized why everyone seemed so down and depressed and grumpy when I first moved here... and if I don't hurry up and get out of here, I fear I'll be another ol' grumpy snow hating person. I like snow, but not FEET OF SNOW and definately not months & months of snow and miserable cold!! The key is to find a place that offers the 4 seasons in moderation... like SC!! ;o))

Old 05-11-2011, 12:55 AM

38,874 posts, read 22,857,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
The high humidity and mugginess just sucks the life out of you.
Having lived in Orlando, FL for 2-3 years, I can vouch for this.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:11 AM

3,332 posts, read 3,692,696 times
I love the weather here in SF. I also enjoyed the 4 seasons when I lived in NYC and DC, however when I lived in Chicago I really couldn't stand winter. Too cold, grey, and windy. I love Chicago though, I wish I could move it to where San Diego is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.