Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 06:49 PM

14 posts, read 49,909 times

Advertisements

I've lived in NY for a few years and most of the places in Bronx I've been to are ugly. Doesn't matter though because most people don't go there and NYC Is much larger than Bronx.

So much of Miami looks ghetto and most of Los Angeles looks very ugly as well. Thankfully, there are a lot of nice areas to cancel out the horrid areas.

Southeast Houston is really ugly too.

Last edited by NYNY10013; 06-12-2008 at 07:04 PM..

Old 06-12-2008, 06:52 PM

23,374 posts, read 43,853,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYNY10013 View Post
I've lived in NY for a few years and most of the places in Bronx I've been to are ugly.

So much of Miami looks ghetto and most of Los Angeles looks very ugly as well.

Southeast Houston is really ugly too.
I agree

Old 06-12-2008, 08:28 PM

129 posts, read 466,475 times
Go to Niagara Falls NY-It fits your description perfectly as to what your looking for...

Old 01-09-2009, 04:57 PM

1 posts, read 9,808 times
Sunnyslope arizona..all of west cave creek ..is ran by all illegal mexicans and 13th place and cinnabar ..south culdesac ..known as hillbilly circle...nothing is as ugly as these 2 locations...

Old 01-13-2009, 12:49 AM

2 posts, read 18,019 times
I would definitely have to say skid row in downtown L.A. Ive seen forums on here where people say L.A. has no "ghettos" or bad looking neighborhoods this is nothing to be proud of at all its actually really sad, but L.A. has some really really bad looking neighborhoods but on the other L.A. has some of the most beautiful neighborhoods.

here are some pictures of L.A's skid row

file:///E:/DOCUME%7E1/c/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg (broken link)

http://www.ladowntownnews.com/content/articles/2007/03/05/news/news06.jpg (broken link)

its sad that there is still places like this in the U.S. but this is what they have done to clean it up a bit

To bad they haven't done this to every block that needs it, only a few

Old 01-13-2009, 05:50 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,211,544 times
The part of Baltimore immediately north of Johns Hopkins Hospital that is visible from Amtrak trains.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:00 PM

92,329 posts, read 122,606,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Alot of these places have high poverty.Note these are just the city limits not metros or suburbs.
Eastside Cleveland
North MNPLS
North St. Louis
East Kansas City
North Omaha
South and East L.A.
East Oakland
Parts of each side of Philly
Bronx and Queens have bad areas
Southside Toledo
North and West Detroit
parts of southside Chicago and Westside Chicago is all pretty bad I've heard
Southwest Atlanta altrough Im sure theres bad pockets other places too
I think East Kansas City is pretty
North Pittsburgh
East Buffalo and parts of West Buffalo too
I think South Charlotte
Parts all over Newark
I saw that you edited your post Dingler,thanks that made it alot easier to list bad neighborhoods.I haven't been to all these areas I've just heard there the bad ones.I've been to Chicago but only the South and North sides.And Im from East Cleveland.Well Im from the border of a suburb called Euclid and East Cleveland.Theres some pretty bad areas on the Eastside,but some of the worst neighborhoods in Cleveland are Buckeye-Woodland,and theres a street called East 55th thats real bad,but its worse at night.But I think that goes for any bad neighborhood,that it will be worse at night.Thats not to say something won't happen during the day time through.
I thought in Detroit, it was the Eastside. In my city it is the Near Westside and the South side neighborhoods just south of Downtown. Like PPG said, there are some pocketed areas in each side of town. Same thing in the 'Cuse. Our Near East side neighborhood has some suspect areas and so does the Near Northeast side. That tends to happen in older, densely populated cities like that.

Some other neighborhoods I know of are:the Crescent in Rochester NY, Cornhill in Utica NY, Arbor Hill and the South End of Albany NY, the Southeast section of DC, Flint MI's Northside, Saginaw MI's Eastside, Philly's Northside and parts of the Westside(some in South Philly too), parts of Milwaukee's Northside and parts of Boston like Roxbury, Mattapan and parts of Dorchester, the South End and Hyde Park.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 01-13-2009 at 07:21 PM..

Old 01-13-2009, 07:01 PM

10,130 posts, read 15,810,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonC123 View Post
I would definitely have to say skid row in downtown L.A. Ive seen forums on here where people say L.A. has no "ghettos" or bad looking neighborhoods this is nothing to be proud of at all its actually really sad, but L.A. has some really really bad looking neighborhoods but on the other L.A. has some of the most beautiful neighborhoods.

here are some pictures of L.A's skid row

its sad that there is still places like this in the U.S. but this is what they have done to clean it up a bit

To bad they haven't done this to every block that needs it, only a few

Geez these pictures look like they could be from Baghdad or Beirut.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:03 PM

10,130 posts, read 15,810,549 times
Baltimore has many ugly rundown ghetto neighborhoods inside the city, especially in the western, northern, and eastern parts of the city, like around Johns HOpkins Hospital. South Philly is also very bad.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:05 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,189,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
South Philly is also very bad.
You mean North Philly. South Philly isn't that bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.