U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-03-2007, 09:00 PM

535 posts, read 1,671,503 times
Default Problems with our country

Bridges are definately outdated in our country, yet we're tearing down perfectly good stadiums and buildings that are in perfectly good condition. Slapdash suburban houses are being built faster than demand, yet roads are far from being in the best condition. As our country falls apart, we still feel the need to build up Iraq. If that's not a problem, I don't know what is...

What do you see as problems in our country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 09:04 PM

2,369 posts, read 4,255,087 times
I feel that its a problem were more worried about Iraq,when we have bad areas in our own country that need to be rebuilt.People are poor in our country too.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:10 PM

332 posts, read 18,603 times
Sprawl as other has mention is a big problem in our country! I didn't really mind sprawl at first but since I've been on this website, the more I've become aware of it and how it is affecting our society.

Another big issue is illegal immigration! It's really sad how not even our government is even trying to stop it...they're freakin supporting it!

I could go on and on,but I want because I'm quite sure we all known what issues this country is suffering from.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:28 PM

2,506 posts, read 5,714,532 times
/\Agreed on both cases. For instance, we can't maintain our bridges because sprawl requires so many of them. Every interchange has one or two. The Wacouta bridge in Saint Paul is costing hundreds of millions, and that is one interstate bridge over the river. They want to build a 600 million bridge in suburban Chaska. $600m, One city. Thats nuts.
Our spending and trade habits are killing us also. Instead of making a quality product in Cleveland or Pittsburgh for a few bucks more, we get cheap **** from China that kills us and we save 10%. Ick.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:30 PM

13,496 posts, read 24,579,400 times
I agree with everyone so far. We're spending billions on rebuilding Iraq and we're falling apart over here.

We have homeless and hungry people, yet we ship OUR tax dollars overseas to help the poor over there.

We aren't even able to take care of our own citizens, yet we allow illegals to sneak across the border, take American jobs and use our welfare system.

National Health Care is something else I feel should definitely be happening NOW. It doesn't have to have the problems that they face in Canada or Great Britain. The Scandanavian countries supposedly have a very effective national healthcare and it's something our government needs to look into. They could design it using their healthcare system as a draft and change what wouldn't work for us.

You know, I've learned SO much since we went into Iraq. I was personally in support of it and thought it was the right thing to do given the reports that Intelligence had given the Administration. Since I've personally known soldiers who were there, I've learned that there are areas of the world that think and act so totally different from us that there is so little hope that their entire country will ever unite and become a democracy, no matter how much we hoped they would. I was personally not against war until recently. I think it's time we consider becoming Isolationists. It's time to protect our borders and Heaven help anyone who tries to do anything like was done on 9/11.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.