U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 10:37 PM

24,929 posts, read 31,755,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveco. View Post
I second that. A card bored box is less lame than SLC...
Salt Lake has tons more character and vibrancy in its downtown then more then one soulless sunbelt boomburb and more then one shriveled rust belt "city".

Heck,
the City itself is quite progressive and actually a lot of fun. And the natural beauty of those majestic mountains-gorgeous.

Anyway my 2 cents on Salt Lake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 10:48 PM

138 posts, read 439,983 times
Cool It's so lame? What do you mean...boring? Stupid? Ignorant?

The word "lame" is so 1990's. I was in Indy once on business when I was in my twenties. That was a long time ago. It was OK. What's the big deal? I have never lived in a small city. I would consider Indi a small city, not a town or anything. I've lived in Detroit, Chicago and Minneapolis. They're large cities. I have also lived in Rochester, NY. It wasn't "lame". Without checking, aren't they about the same size?

Is "lame" small? Is "lame" they don't get the culture? Is "lame" they don't get the politics? Is "lame" chain restaurants? Huh.

"Lame" is a lame word.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:50 PM

751 posts, read 79,265 times
Salt Lake City itself is not bad, it is the people and their weird religious crap that screw everything up. I will never forget walking downtown Salt Lake City on a Sunday afternoon and everything is closed.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:58 PM

24,929 posts, read 31,755,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
Salt Lake City itself is not bad, it is the people and their weird religious crap that screw everything up. I will never forget walking downtown Salt Lake City on a Sunday afternoon and everything is closed.
Well, everyone has their own place I suppose, and Utah just happens to be Mormon Country.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:18 AM

884 posts, read 66,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
Omaha has absolutely no panache or zeal to it whatsoever! It is mediocre in all of it's qualities... AT BEST!
Agreeable up until about 7 years ago. It has come a long way. When did you visit last?

Old 11-09-2007, 07:58 AM

676 posts, read 1,871,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Salt Lake has tons more character and vibrancy in its downtown then more then one soulless sunbelt boomburb and more then one shriveled rust belt "city".

Heck,
the City itself is quite progressive and actually a lot of fun. And the natural beauty of those majestic mountains-gorgeous.

Anyway my 2 cents on Salt Lake.
I there on a conference one year and every night we had a hard time feeling any of this vibrancy you're talking about. Outside a couple of ghetto malls downtown the streetscape was a mindless void. No shops, no interesting restaurants or bars or anything. Heck we tried to get food on a saturday night at around 9 and found nothing! We had to leave downtown and find a taco bell. Even shriveled rust belt cities have diners open till at least 3 or 4 in the morning. Mountains are great city is LAME

Old 11-10-2007, 11:28 PM

2,073 posts, read 3,680,544 times
Cheyenne Wyoming puke.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:18 PM

580 posts, read 1,067,823 times
Buffalo and Indianapolis

Old 11-12-2007, 01:29 AM

1,134 posts, read 74,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie Hoholik View Post
Is "lame" small? Is "lame" they don't get the culture? Is "lame" they don't get the politics? Is "lame" chain restaurants? Huh.

"Lame" is a lame word.
Does it not convey? It's 'lame' in its own right. Therefore, it's the perfect description.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:12 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,875,311 times
Nashville,TN. It's a ghost of what it used to be. But it is still trying to show the world it's a shining star.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.