Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2011, 09:50 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,755,091 times

Advertisements

What do you consider good shopping and dining in your city or town?

What stores and restaurants do you need? How many stores? Would you be happy if some of the stores were in several cities and towns or would you want them all in one town?

Are mad that Macy's is everywhere and some of the smaller and locally owned department stores went under? Is their some good to the spread of Macy's? Do you think there should be less clothing department stores period?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2011, 10:08 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,451,005 times
I love to go out and eat and Pueblo has a lot of mom and pop restaurants, especially for Italian and Mexican food. Plus we have some real nice restaurants locally owned like 1521, Magpies and DC's on 'B' Street in downtown. Finally Pueblo has good chain restaurants like Red Lobster and Olive Garden. Then when I am in the mood for expensive dining the Penrose Room at the Broadmore is just 30 minutes north of Pueblo and its a 5 diamond restaurant. Pueblo, also, has many festivals on the Riverwalk that are food based like the Chili festival and Boats, bands and bbq.

As far as shopping, I am not much of a shopper so I am happy with Dilalrds and JC Penny and I have even been known to buy some cloths at Wal-Mart....

Old 06-08-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I love to go out and eat and Pueblo has a lot of mom and pop restaurants, especially for Italian and Mexican food. Plus we have some real nice restaurants locally owned like 1521, Magpies and DC's on 'B' Street in downtown. Finally Pueblo has good chain restaurants like Red Lobster and Olive Garden. Then when I am in the mood for expensive dining the Penrose Room at the Broadmore is just 30 minutes north of Pueblo and its a 5 diamond restaurant. Pueblo, also, has many festivals on the Riverwalk that are food based like the Chili festival and Boats, bands and bbq.

As far as shopping, I am not much of a shopper so I am happy with Dilalrds and JC Penny and I have even been known to buy some cloths at Wal-Mart....
Dillards should open more stores in California. Their population requirements are less than Macy's.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:31 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,885,293 times
As much as I hate the mall (This is the largest retail space in America)

YouTube - ‪VisitorsChannel's Channel‬‏

But this is better and in the actual city itself - Dinning, Culture, Recreation, Shopping etc.

YouTube - ‪Welcome to Philadelphia‬‏

YouTube - ‪City Food Tours Philadelphia- Don't Just See the City...TASTE it!‬‏

YouTube - ‪Philadelphia Boutique Shopping Tour with Beverly Bond‬‏

Old 06-08-2011, 10:41 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,885,293 times
A mainstay group of restaurants in Philly

YouTube - ‪Steven Starr Restaurants_philamov_Group4.mov‬‏

Old 06-08-2011, 10:45 PM

I prefer one of the two:

A) Traditional town around 50,000 population or 100,000 population with enclosed mall that has Macy's and Sear's. Then JCPenney's can be in the town, but isn't needed. Kohl's should definately be present. Target, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, and Costco should all be present. Trader Joes and a Best Buy is a must have.

Apple Bee's, Hometown Buffet, Olive Garden, Panera Bread, I-Hop, and Red Lobster are the only chains needed. Locally owned breakfast places, steak houses, italian, and mexican food places are welcomed.

I like having lots of car dealership options nearby. It's good to have selection.

B) If it's a newer city or town, then I would like a lifestyle center over a mall. Anchored by a large movie theater and include high-end and basic mall shops. Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Costco, and Target should all still be present. Again a Trader Joes and Best Buy is a must.

Still wanting the same dining places and local places.

Still must have a vast car dealership option.

And some new-age big box stores are welcomed such as Best Buy, REI, Bass Pro Shops, Bloomingdale's Outlet, Nordstrom Rack, TJ'Maxx, Famous Footwear, and others.

I think alot of people want more attractive walkable downtowns, lifestyle centers, hip clothing stores and eateries, healthy food markets, high density housing, affordability in housing, and good public transportation.

Last edited by the city; 06-08-2011 at 11:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.