U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 05:36 PM

7,271 posts, read 12,807,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
New Jersey
New York
California
Illinois
Hawaii
Pennsylvania
Delaware
Florida
Georgia
Nevada
Massachusetts
North Carolina
Yup. New York state, California, Illinois, Hawaii, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts also made my list. It seems like we probably voted them for similar reasons.

However, it is interesting that Nevada, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina are on your list but didn't make my list and that Washington state, Oregon, Colorado, New Mexico, and Texas are not on your list while they made my list.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 05:36 PM

44,253 posts, read 60,744,831 times
Texas.
Hawaii.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:40 PM

7,271 posts, read 12,807,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballniket View Post
California (LA County/Bay Area)
Virginia (Northern Virginia)
Maryland (Montgomery County)
Pennsylvania (Montgomery County/Delaware County)
New Jersey (Central or North Jersey)
New York (NYC or Westchester County)
Massachusetts (Cambridge)
Texas (parts of Houston or DFW)
Georgia (parts of Atlanta/suburbs)
Washington (Seattle or Bellevue)
For California, I would live in San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Eureka, Lake Tahoe, or Palm Springs.

For Pennsylvania, I would live in Philadelphia.

For New York state, I would live in New York City, Ithaca, somewhere in the Adirondacks or Catskills, or somewhere on the southern shore of Long Island such as Fire Island.

For Massachusetts, I would live in Boston, Cambridge, somewhere on Cape Cod, or Northhampton.

For Texas, I would live in Houston, Dallas, or Austin.

For Washington, I would live in Seattle, Bellingham, San Juan islands, Olympia, or Ellensburg.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:45 PM

6,666 posts, read 12,523,684 times
I wouldn't know unless I actually lived in them...

So, potentially 50.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:02 PM

115 posts, read 280,837 times
Colorado,Michigan,Illinois,and Minnesota.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:34 PM

42,661 posts, read 82,566,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
So, if you enjoy visiting lots of states but prefer to live in certain states over others, that is intolerant and narrow-minded?
No, it means I have flexibility and I can learn to get along with my neighbors no matter what state I find myself in, and I can find events and attractions that will fulfill my life, and I can appreciate the seasons and the natural surroundings anywhere.

I can't imagine being locked into a mindset that make it impossible for me to live in any state and enjoy my life there. If you could not possibly live in a certain state, that says more about you than about the state, and it screams intolerance.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:39 AM

202 posts, read 542,571 times
The only states I believe I would be comfortable living in are Maryland (SoMd) or Virginia (NoVa)

Old 06-17-2011, 10:03 AM

24,620 posts, read 25,184,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I can't imagine being locked into a mindset that make it impossible for me to live in any state and enjoy my life there. If you could not possibly live in a certain state, that says more about you than about the state, and it screams intolerance.
Okay, but that's a different issue. Most people don't usually move to places that make them wonder if there's a remote possibility they might enjoy some aspect of living there. That's setting the bar pretty low.

People like to live in places that they already have a preference for based on a number of factors.

Last edited by BigCityDreamer; 06-17-2011 at 11:22 AM..

Old 06-17-2011, 02:13 PM

4,634 posts, read 6,761,788 times
Ca
or
wa
il
wi
mn
mi
ny
ma
pa

Old 06-17-2011, 02:17 PM

15,857 posts, read 33,623,830 times
Any place that did not have a brutal winter. I love Missouri, but even the winters here are getting a little harsher than I would like. Really, only January and February are bad, but they are bad enough to wish I could be somewhere else during that time.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.