U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 07:16 PM

47 posts, read 113,659 times

Advertisements

Colorado
Washington
Oregon
California
Utah
Hawaii
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 08:06 PM

2,714 posts, read 2,886,946 times
Hawaii
Oregon
Washington
California
Colorado
South Florida
...Maybe Arizona
It has to have a "Natural Feeling." I want a lot of trees or a lot of stars.

I'm a star gazer I would love to see the Milky Way without all the light pollution.
My sister went to Arizona and couldn't stop talking about the stars for about a month. The pictures and videos are beautiful.
A state where I can go sit in a nice Natural Park. and study or relax in peace for a few hours.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:17 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,803,689 times
Ny ; nc ; nj ; tn ; tx ; co ; ma ; al ; ok ; ut ; sc ; va ; fl

Old 06-18-2011, 12:38 AM

116 posts, read 195,015 times
Minnesota, Wisconsin, Washington, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Illinois, Colorado, Iowa, Ohio and Alaska. Anywhere that has four distinct seasons, has at least one major city (Alaska and Iowa may be pushing it), has a Midwest mentality (Excluding Oregon and Washington), and is generally a blue leaning swing state politically (Alaska and Iowa are again borderline). Nebraska and Maine get honorable mention.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:37 AM

83 posts, read 146,930 times
Oregon: I live here, my family lives here and I could live here as long as it wasn't in portland, eugene, corvallis, or ashland. Liberal is one thing but I couldn't stand being in a big city or in a place where everyone is liberal too the point of trying to control every aspect of someones life. same goes for republicans. I much prefer moderate areas or places where people leave you alone.

Washington: I have family here and as long as I was in southwest washington.

I wouldn't want to live to far away from my family but I could also live in alaska, idaho, western montana, wyoming and colorado.

IMO the other western states are great but they have to many things I don't like for me to consider living there. California has the nations worst gun control laws, the hunting and fishing isn't as good as oregon and there are to many people with extreme liberal views for me to live there. Utah is the exact opposite but, the are too socially conservative for me. arizona's nice but it's too hot and too close to the border. New mexico isn't as bad as arizona but its still too hot. nevada would be awesome if it had more forest but it doesnt so I wouldn't want to live there. the great plains are too flat and with the exeption of south dakota have no forest and barely any public land for hunting, fishing, shooting guns, camping, dirtbike riding or off roading. I'd live in texas if it wasn't as socially conservative in the east and smoking marijuana wasn't a felony. same goes for all of the south and the northeast is too crowded for me. the midwest doesn't have mountains and hawaii is too damn expensive.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:35 AM

52 posts, read 53,338 times
Massachusetts
Connecticut
Rhode Island
(Upstate) New York
Pennsylvania
Maryland
Virginia
North Carolina
Texas
Colorado
Washington
Oregon

Just not a midwestern guy.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:11 PM

2,781 posts, read 6,897,655 times
Arizona (Scottsdale/Paradise Valley)
California (Bay Area, San Diego, Santa Barbara)
Colorado (Denver, Colorado Springs)
Oregon (Portland)
DC/Northern Virginia
Washington (Seattle)

Obviously Philadelphia since I live there.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:46 PM

7,334 posts, read 11,672,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
These are all the states I could live in and enjoy in USA:
There's very few.

Texas
California
Illinois
New York - Upstate of course.

Old 12-30-2011, 05:01 PM

107 posts, read 181,491 times
Louisiana, only.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:17 PM

2,490 posts, read 4,159,516 times
Florida- already live here though
Georgia
Mississippi
Alabama
Tennessee
Kentucky
Texas
Oklahoma
Kansas
North Carolina
South Carolina
Idaho
Colorado
Wyoming
Montana
Vermont
Virginia
Alaska
Utah

Last edited by 90sman; 02-28-2012 at 07:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.