Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 07:45 AM

22,379 posts, read 38,791,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75 South View Post
I've always done the big city thing. Manhattan for 6 years and Downtown Chicago for 1. I've lived in midtown Atlanta for 4 years and it has been 3 years too long. Not knocking Atl but it's not what ppl think. I've experienced it the fastest, most cultured way imaginaneable with unlimited resources at times and it's been ... Just okay. I know what to expect from San Fran and ultimately want to spend my golden yrs there. Denver wld be the smallest place I've lived since college but ppl on city data show it major props. Wherever I go, I'm a downtown dweller; we don't do burbs. I love it when u guys post pics of places.

With that said I think either Philly or SF will offer the the best downtown experience; DC close behind; honestly in many ways and this is from more limited Denver expereinece it would be much more comparable to Midtown in Atlanta and to me a significiant step behind the other 3 though still pretty good. If you are a DT devotee from my experience (traveled quite a bit and have lived in DC, NYC, SF, and Philly). But I will concede that I have fairly limited experience in Denver relative to the others but it has never given me a big DT feel overall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 11:19 PM

422 posts, read 813,578 times
Well, I actually moved to Denver on 7/11. Coolest thing I've done in my life so far. Boy, was I shocked! First off, talk about a well-built city! Many of you that are urbanites can appreciate a grid city when you see one. The only thing stopping this place from being a top 10 city is population. However, the walkability factor is as good as 5-10 of the 2nd tier cities. I implore you all that have not been here before (from someone who loves NY, SF, PHI, DC and CHI) is probably this country's hidden gym. I know my opinion is just another person who reps their city. Denver is a smaller, cleaner version of Chicago in look and feel.

Last edited by 75 South; 07-13-2011 at 11:21 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.