Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the US deport illegal immigrants and better prevent their arrival?
Yes. 47 74.60%
No. 16 25.40%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 09:13 AM

147 posts, read 212,783 times

Advertisements

Being an immigrant myself (legal, of course hehe), I have sympathy for immigrants legal or not. Many of these people are hardworking folks trying to make a good life for their family and want to live quiet, crime-free lives. I wouldn't be averse to giving documents to some of them, have them pay taxes, learn English. Then, maybe the US can work on better border security, stricter immigration laws, etc.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:21 AM

299 posts, read 638,528 times
There is no such thing as an illegal immigrant living a crime free life. Deport them all. I understand its very to immigrate here legally yet I'm all for making it even stricter.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:11 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,387,205 times
I think we definitely need to address the illegal immigrant population to a degree...but at the same time, we also need them. We get certain services at a heavily discounted price because most of the work is being done by illegals.

Ultimately we need to decide whether or not we're willing to pay the extra money to not have these people around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
These people are illegal, are not Europeans, and will not assimilate. Their increasing presence will only bring about greater cultural, social, and racial strife, and will help destroy any future robust economy of the U.S. That is, if we ever get back on our feet. Oh, they broke the law, too.
Could you please explain this in greater detail? You're talking like this is exclusive to Latin cultures, but it's not. Basically every immigrant has their own culture which they hold onto after they enter the US. This ranges from Mexican to Chinese, Indian to Jamaican. You're right about white Euros being more easily integrated into "traditional" American culture, but what's wrong with having various Latin or Asian cultures?

Old 07-19-2011, 12:27 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,194,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
I think we definitely need to address the illegal immigrant population to a degree...but at the same time, we also need them. We get certain services at a heavily discounted price because most of the work is being done by illegals.

Ultimately we need to decide whether or not we're willing to pay the extra money to not have these people around.

Could you please explain this in greater detail? You're talking like this is exclusive to Latin cultures, but it's not. Basically every immigrant has their own culture which they hold onto after they enter the US. This ranges from Mexican to Chinese, Indian to Jamaican. You're right about white Euros being more easily integrated into "traditional" American culture, but what's wrong with having various Latin or Asian cultures?
The United States was founded as an extension of Europe. It is, or was, a white nation. As time goes on, that identity of America is being changed. In essence, a genocide of the white nation, and many other white nations, is occurring. After all, you don't see the same thing happening to non-white nations.

At the same time, history has shown that diverse societies are timebombs of ethnic, cultural, and racial conflicts. They are unstable and eventually split along ethnic, cultural, religious, and/or racial lines.

By increasing this "diversity", it is setting up a situation in the not-so-distant future when calls for separation will be the norm. Many Mestizos in the southwest have already called for the American southwest to become a "hispanic" homeland.

People like to believe in the idea of multi-racial societies, but they don't like the idea of living around such. They like the idea of being "tolerant", but they don't feel comfortable living with the effects of that "tolerance". They naturally separate themselves. When people can't escape non-comfortable atmospheres, as will be the case within a decade or two, hostility in the form of arguments and violence happens.

My own opinion is that the United States will probably balkanize into multiple countries within the next fifty years. Why? Too many people of differing racial groups admitted to the country, which will generate conflict and desire for group interests and separate nation-hood.

When the majority group loses majority status, it is the time in general when past minority groups start fighting for group-rule, and when the former majority group seeks to separate itself from the newcomers.

All in all, however, what is happening is unique to European nations and nations of European descent. It appears that a movement to make whites minorities within their countries is underway. This isn't only in the United States, but also the UK, Canada, Australia, France, Sweden, the Netherlands, Germany, and many other countries. To do such aligns with the U.N charter of genocide.

Regarding assimilation, people of the same racial stock can assimilate relatively well by the second generation, and be seen as roughly the same. On the other hand, immigrants of a different racial stock from the majority population never truly assimilate, as they see themselves as different and seek to maximize those differences. Furthermore, the majority population sees them as different, not only because they are, but because the other group is seeking to identify themselves as different.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:32 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,591,218 times
We need to go after the employers who provide them with jobs. The meat packing plants, the poultry plants, _____(fill in your favorite here)_____ . arrest 100 today 100 more will show up to take their job tomorrow, arrest the employer and there will be 100 less jobs for them

Old 07-19-2011, 12:46 PM

36,885 posts, read 38,781,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
We need to go after the employers who provide them with jobs. The meat packing plants, the poultry plants, _____(fill in your favorite here)_____ . arrest 100 today 100 more will show up to take their job tomorrow, arrest the employer and there will be 100 less jobs for them
Maybe force through better minimum wages and work conditions so that these jobs are appealing to domestic American workers and disincentives hiring illegal immigrants.

Also, isn't there an immigration forum?

Old 07-19-2011, 12:56 PM

28,896 posts, read 53,932,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
It's a conundrum. We have our laws and our law enforcement is supposed to, well, enforce the law.

But there's something that most Americans don't know about when it comes to illegal immigrants and migrant labor. We need them. People have been leaving farming jobs since the 1950s opened up city life to a very large number of people and farming practices and technology more than quadrupled food output in the last century while at the same time seeing America make the transition from mostly rural to mostly urban.

Where do we get the labor to pick the orange groves and the apple trees? Who will do the backbreaking labor of making sure the cranberries are harvested just right? Who will labor over the wine vineyards and roast the nuts and dig up the roots which have them?

Not Americans, apparently.

Georgia is a classic example. This year, the government passed a measure to clamp down on illegal immigrants. The result? Nearly $1 billion in wasted food, rotting on the vines and the trees and in the fields. They tried getting unemployed workers out there, but people would rather collect unemployment benefits than work, apparently. They even tried using inmates and even THEY walked off the job. Too hard. They'd rather rot in jail.

So, to me, I think the US would be much better off if they simply gave workers a temporary permit to work in the USA and if they keep it up with a bank account in the US along with a residence and don't fall out with law enforcement, then they should be given a green card after X number of years. I mean if they're willing to do the work, reward them. Can't think of anything more red blooded Americun capitalist than that!
Yes, but in truth, farm workers are a small percentage of the jobs that illegals hold, which could be solved with a guest worker. No, walk onto a factory floor, a restaurant kitchen, or a construction site and you'll see where the true problems lie. In this country, factory and construction work used to be where Americans with only basic education could earn a decent living. But with a huge number of illegals in this country being winked at by the INS, not only do those jobs a good deal scarcer, but they're also subject to wage pressures because of all the competition at that level.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:07 PM

201 posts, read 570,490 times
I believe we should do a lot more to prevent illegal immigration. I don't however believe in breaking up families and relationships so nonchalantly. Its a tough subject, on one hand I agree that we need to stop being so lenient about it but I don't believe in just taking someones life away.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:39 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,048,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acmilan View Post
The US is already deporting illegal immigrants:
Deportation of illegal immigrants increases under Obama administration
I find it hilarious it's been done by someone who can't even prove he's American The better question:Should the US deport itself and leave this land to its native people
It's much more hilarious that there are still silly people who don't believe he's an American after he easily proved it multiple times.

Just because people want to believe something doesn't mean they can just "make it the truth" any more than I can sit here and pretend that I got all A's in college when a simple check of my transcripts will say otherwise.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:43 PM

161 posts, read 180,807 times
yes!!!!!

anyone caught crossing again should be executed on the border and made an example of and then put landmines all over the border. anchor babies born here should get the same treatment; i dont care how long u have been here, u deserve to get the death penalty for breaking our nations laws
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.