Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2011, 02:13 PM

2 posts, read 1,847 times

Advertisements

Hi I'm Jacy.

I'm trying to figure out where to move to. I live in Glenwood Springs, CO right now. I would like to move somewhere warm all year around. I have a few ideas and was wondering what everyone thought.

i was thinking Palm Springs, CA; San Diego, CA; New Orleans; Daytona Beach, FL; or Dallas, TX
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 02:50 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,767,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacymc View Post
Hi I'm Jacy.

I'm trying to figure out where to move to. I live in Glenwood Springs, CO right now. I would like to move somewhere warm all year around. I have a few ideas and was wondering what everyone thought.

i was thinking Palm Springs, CA; San Diego, CA; New Orleans; Daytona Beach, FL; or Dallas, TX
Of all of the places you could choose in FL, Daytona Beach? Any reason why? Daytona is kind of dumpy. You could be near there in another town like Flagler beach, Port Orange, Ormond Beach, but Daytona is not so good. Tampa? F Lauderdale?

Old 07-18-2011, 02:58 PM

27,169 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
Of all of the places you could choose in FL, Daytona Beach? Any reason why? Daytona is kind of dumpy.
I agree. Cities like Ft Lauderdale, St Petersburg or Jacksonville would be more appealing if you want to be near the beach.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:32 PM

1,108 posts, read 4,216,657 times
Try this site just for fun... **** ...u have to add the www in front and the dot com at the end...for some reason they will not let me enter the web site address...several members have tried the site...remember it is just for fun...but it may point out some sights you never thought of... just be honest when you answer the questions....have fun

WOW....the won't even let me enter the address so ... find your spot .... leave out the spaces

Old 07-18-2011, 05:37 PM

509 posts, read 1,679,840 times
The cities you've chosen are really varied in size and what they offer. Daytona seems to be the out-lyer in the bunch. Looks like your other choices have more to offer because of their size.

Old 07-19-2011, 07:07 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,450,255 times
Moving this to General US so you can get more information than just Florida.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:54 PM

2 posts, read 1,847 times
thanks for the responses. i was thinking about most of these areas because i've known people who've lived there. I'm definitely leaning more towards some where in florida but i don't really know much about florida. Thanks for letting me know that Daytona isn't a very good idea i'll look into some of those other areas.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:39 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,621,070 times
You could also check out the other Texas cities like Houston,Austin,San Antonio

San Antonio Texas official vacation and visitor information. San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau. :: VisitSanAntonio.com

Visit Houston Texas - Houston Tourism, Houston Events, Special Offers, Info & More! - Greater Houston CVB

Austin, TX | Austin Hotels, Events, Attractions, Things To Do & More | AustinTexas.org

Corpus Christi Hotels, Attractions, Group Tours, Beaches & Texas Vacations in Corpus Christi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.