Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about "home"?
I never moved and don't want to. 2 4.35%
I never moved but want to. 9 19.57%
I moved and don't regret it. 27 58.70%
I moved and regret it. 8 17.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 08:20 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,297,475 times

Advertisements

Yes. I felt I needed to get away from Virginia and have been much happier since I left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 12:19 AM

113 posts, read 449,863 times
i'm really glad i left. i'd been living in new hampshire for twenty two years and desperately needed a change of pace.

Old 07-22-2011, 06:33 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
I moved for financial reasons, I was able to get a job here quick thanks to some good friends.
Good friends = no regrets
The COL is much more tolerable, and the commute to work is less stressful.
The people are more laid back. It's a state full of drinking problems, but other than that, friendly people are everywhere.

The food is blah, just average... But the FOOD you'll find all over Northern NJ is unbeatable. Your Pizza sucks St Paul!
The city likes to believe they are diverse.. Just don't try telling me that. (it's all love)

Oh, and I actually have my own backyard!! My dog is much happier.
I didn't know you moved - best of luck!!!

Old 07-22-2011, 07:45 AM

3,483 posts, read 6,258,901 times
Moved too many times after 40. Last moved killed us. Moved from Southern CA to Charlotte Metro area.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:49 AM

2,399 posts, read 4,215,364 times
I have always lived in the Atlanta area, and I never want to move. This place offers a fantastic quality of life here on the northside that is practically unparalleled in this country, controlling for cost of living and income.

I travel enough, quite regularly, to get my fix of other places, as well as to realize how good that we have it.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd69 View Post
Moved too many times after 40. Last moved killed us. Moved from Southern CA to Charlotte Metro area.
Charlotte is a much better place to live. Southern California, in my opinion, is one of the worst major urban areas in this country. White Americans are becoming a rarity in the L.A. region. Within twenty years, it'll look more like Tijuana than an American city, in my opinion.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:25 AM

163 posts, read 376,543 times
Sometimes people do just need a change of scenery to feel happy. I think if every single thing is wrong with your current city, and it has no redeeming quality, the problem may be you. You also have to resist the temptation to romanticize other cities as the cure of all your ails. You need to try your best to level out (which, believe me, I understand, can be especially difficult if you feel trapped in a certain place) before tearing your hair out about needing to escape your predicament.

Now, a lot of the time, moving somewhere new can make being happy significantly easier, but I think the point is that bitter people will always find a way to be bitter. A change of scenery won't help them. It may be difficult, but very seldom will it be impossible to achieve some degree of happiness wherever you are. Obviously, everyone, myself included, wants to get out of a place they're not happy in, but I think it's a little rarer than some people believe to have it be a sheer impossibility to be happy somewhere.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:00 AM

3,483 posts, read 6,258,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
Charlotte is a much better place to live. Southern California, in my opinion, is one of the worst major urban areas in this country. White Americans are becoming a rarity in the L.A. region. Within twenty years, it'll look more like Tijuana than an American city, in my opinion.

Disagree, I lived in San Diego, the weather is all I need as opposed to 90's for five long months.

Old 07-22-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd69 View Post
Disagree, I lived in San Diego, the weather is all I need as opposed to 90's for five long months.
San Diego is better than L.A. in livability. Greater L.A. is a horrible place to live for the typical white American. Ever-decreasing white percentages year-by-year all across the region, both in neighborhoods, schools, shopping areas, etc. Within twenty years whites in the region will be a tiny minority, with only a few majority white areas along the coastline, south Orange county, and perhaps some neighborhoods around Burbank and Pasadena.

Greater L.A. is filled with smut and degeneracy. Too many people are tanked out on drugs and alcohol, covered in tattoos, and running around only concerned about having sex with multiple partners. Furthermore, you're apt to see freaks with strange piercings, lip rings, ear-lobe plugs, and all other kinds of hideous stuff.

More humid weather in Charlotte is a much better bargain to get a more moral atmosphere, with a relatively healthy white population percentage in most area that provides a more stable future.

Last edited by Stars&StripesForever; 07-22-2011 at 01:12 PM..

Old 07-22-2011, 01:07 PM

218 posts, read 840,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
San Diego is better than L.A. in livability. Greater L.A. is a horrible place to live for the typical white American. Ever-decreasing white percentages year-by-year all across the region, both in neighborhoods, schools, shopping areas, etc. Within twenty years whites in the region will be a tiny minority, with only a few majority white areas along the coastline, south Orange county, and perhaps some neighborhoods around Burbank and Pasadena.

Greater L.A. is filled with smut and degeneracy. Too many people are tanked out on drugs and alcohol, covered in tattoos, and running around only concerned about having sex with multiple partners. Furthermore, you're apt to see freaks of nature like trannies.

More humid weather in Charlotte is a much better bargain to get a more moral atmosphere, with a relatively healthy white population percentage in most area that provides a more stable future.
I can't believe that with so many ultra-uptight moderators around here, I consistently see posts like this all across the forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.