U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-23-2011, 09:43 AM

18,778 posts, read 15,190,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
It's not how big you are, but what you do with it. Nearly every state makes several things pop into my head as I look at each one on the map. Deleware only brings Washington crossing over to Trenton, thats it, nothing else. Connecticut is like that for me too......."A Connecticut Yankee in King Aurthers Court".....that it, and I don't even remember how it comes out. These states have an identity crisis.

I don't know how people come up with Massachusetts, a zillion things come to mind there....the pilgrims, boston tea party, the Kennedys, Mitt Romney, baked beans, blah blah bla. It's a small state but never forgotten. Can't be Maine either, Steven King, the lobsters, it's geographic location of being farthest north on the east coast. New Hampshire like Iowa is known for politics but they have no corn there, and speaking of which, just try to forget about the corn tonight while you eat and drink all the things that come from corn. Ye of little faith that buy real maple syrup instead of inexpensive and delicious corn syrup........I feel sorry for you.

Also, how could one forget about South Dakota ? The corn palace in Mitchell (most important attraction), Wall Drug, Mt. Rushmore, Sturgis, the badlands, Indians ect. Wyoming and SD feed off each other and compliment each other well, If you go to the badlands, you might as well go to Yellowstone and Jackson Hole. The range war thing and history of the old west floods my mind with SD and WY.
You do realize that the journey was from PA to NJ, about 40 miles from Delaware

For me DE is Dupont and Chemicals, the first state (oldest state actually), Credit Cards and no sales tax

Last edited by kidphilly; 02-23-2011 at 10:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 10:49 AM

1,032 posts, read 1,914,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
...40 miles from Deleware
Now you have NO excuse for that! lol

Old 02-23-2011, 10:49 AM

18,778 posts, read 15,190,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe84323 View Post
Now you have NO excuse for that! lol

I can't spell to save my life

Old 02-25-2011, 01:53 AM

53 posts, read 87,546 times
For the record, I don't forget any state, although some make little to no noise and some I'd like to forget, lol.

But...

I live in Utah, and Idaho is very quiet.

I agree with those who say that New Mexico flies under the radar, a lot, in its mysterious way. I always think the "Mexico" in New Mexico makes it obscure.

I don't forget any state, but I haven't found good enough reasons (for me) to visit some:

North Dakota, Kansas, Mississippi, possibly West Virginia, Wisconsin (although I know it's beautiful, see reason to go, it's just too out of the way) - I'll drive through it. Michigan also sounds worthy of a visit, but I don't even know if I'd find call to drive through it to get somewhere else. I suppose when I've seen the rest I might make an effort to add some of these to the list. I think I'll probably step over into Kansas when I'm in Kansas City, MO.

Most states, though, I've found reasons to visit, and every state has something about it that comes to mind, and I know where every state is.

Oh, and for those few people who mentioned that Utah is forgettable, open your eyes and ears, look at some pictures and travel more.

Last edited by TWariner; 02-25-2011 at 02:06 AM..

Old 02-25-2011, 02:11 AM

106 posts, read 39,061 times
****in lame ass oregon

Old 02-25-2011, 10:11 PM

22 posts, read 2,511 times
New Hampshire... enough said.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:02 PM

5,992 posts, read 6,773,159 times
Top 3 most forgotten states:

1) North Dakota
2) North Dakota
3) North Dakota

Old 02-26-2011, 12:29 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,033,929 times
because of distance, i would say hawaii. south dakota, otherwise.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:43 AM

640 posts, read 643,086 times

Old 02-26-2011, 02:22 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,805,820 times
^^^

Should call it Why-oming
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.