Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 09:20 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,962,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8RCAT View Post
Although where I live is at the southern end of the region, right now it is a humid and stormy summer paradise. The dry western US is much worse.
Looking at those temps with that humidity and dewpoint = HELL. Pure H-E-L-L. I lived near Hopkinsville, KY, and couldnt wait to get out. The weather there blows something fierce, dont kid yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2015, 03:26 PM

371 posts, read 543,274 times
I would say Houston has worse weather!!!!!

Old 06-17-2015, 05:35 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,566,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Looking at those temps with that humidity and dewpoint = HELL. Pure H-E-L-L. I lived near Hopkinsville, KY, and couldnt wait to get out. The weather there blows something fierce, dont kid yourself.
It is very humid, I am back in the Ohio Valley after being gone a few years and it is SHOCKING, even for someone like myself who is used to the humidity and heat combination. I don't think very many people enjoy low temperatures in the upper 70s to around 80F!

Old 06-18-2015, 06:49 AM

3,376 posts, read 6,104,585 times
Weather out here in this part of eastern NM seems quite similar to that described in the MidWest.
After having lived out here for three years now, I'm on the verge of hopping before the ice and the snow ruins my life again.

At the same time though, it's a bit disappointing due to the shortage of places in the country that don't experience Winter.

Guess it's time to scout the Atacama desert!!

Old 06-18-2015, 07:59 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,186,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
Weather out here in this part of eastern NM seems quite similar to that described in the MidWest.
After having lived out here for three years now, I'm on the verge of hopping before the ice and the snow ruins my life again.

At the same time though, it's a bit disappointing due to the shortage of places in the country that don't experience Winter.

Guess it's time to scout the Atacama desert!!
OR....or, suck it up? That is the most dramatic reaction I've ever heard to winter weather ("ruins my life")!

Old 06-18-2015, 09:40 AM

12,278 posts, read 9,450,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Glad you were able to leave for a better place then. Arizona is my idea of hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.