Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 04:07 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,023,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan16 View Post
In our area, there are a few that are picky. An example is Krystal fast food. They are almost everywhere in the South, but there's very few of them in SC. A few in the Greenville-Spartanburg area, one token unit in Murrells Inlet, a few around Aiken, and the ones around Savannah. That is it.

Generally, you don't see any north of the Upstate, East TN, and a few in KY, and they don't go west of Texas, where they just opened like 3 in the Dallas area, one in Houston and a couple other odd places.

Bojangles is the opposite. They are almost everywhere in the Carolinas and Southside VA, but they just started in the last few years putting locations in metro Atlanta, and there's none outside their core Southeast area. The area they do serve, they superserve it. Most towns over 5,000 have them.
I wished often we had a Krystal's. One was opened in Longview, Tx. but it didn't make it. A krystals, white castel, steak and shake, anything like that to break the McDonalds-Burger King- Wendy''s monotony so prevalent in Shreveport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 04:07 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,333,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
There used to be a Krystal right near Clemson...overall it's a pretty crappy place. I remember slugging them back when I was drunk a few times, and some of my more stoned friends loved the place...but when I ate it sober, I was disappointed.
Krystal's tastes great at 3am...not so great the next day.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:15 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,515,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent6969 View Post
Ted's Montana Grill is excellent. They are picky about locations.

Ted's Montana Grill

Another is Fogo De Chao

Locations | Fogo de Chao
I thought it was horrible... "Ted's" ...
Fogo is good though.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:32 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
There used to be a Krystal right near Clemson...overall it's a pretty crappy place. I remember slugging them back when I was drunk a few times, and some of my more stoned friends loved the place...but when I ate it sober, I was disappointed.

Bojangles is even worse. Bojangles was the worst chain I've ever experienced in my entire life. I don't understand how Bojangles stays open...I wouldn't feed it to my dog.
Exactly. Krystal's can't be found in many places because it sucks. It's good when you're drunk though.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:37 PM

291 posts, read 688,995 times
Chipotle is a good burrito chain in my opinion. Also, I don't get people who act like they are too good to eat at chain restaurants. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I eat at chain restaurants all the time. I normally prefer a good home cooked meal or going to a small non-chain restaurant. But I do like going to chain restaurants every now and then. To say that all chains are bad is just stupid. Bill Gates is the richest person in the country and he's not too good to eat at chain restaurants. I saw Bill Gates eating at a PF Changs once in Rancho Mirage, California in the Palm Springs area. Smart powerful rich people like chain restaurants and fast food just like we do. Rich or poor, most of us love a good burger at In N Out burger, White Castle, or some other chain. It's hard to not ever eat at a chain here in America.

Old 08-16-2011, 04:15 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times
Ruth's Chris is pretty tough ... not too many places where you can succeed selling $35 steaks a-la-carte. Wanna potato or salad with that? Gonna cost you extra!

Old 08-16-2011, 06:16 AM

1,937 posts, read 4,711,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Ruth's Chris is pretty tough ... not too many places where you can succeed selling $35 steaks a-la-carte. Wanna potato or salad with that? Gonna cost you extra!

Bone's in Atlanta would argue with you on that one. It is always packed.

Bones Homepage

Old 08-16-2011, 07:08 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
Steak 'N' Shake prefers to be no more than one mile from an Interstate highway.

There's also the Hofbräuhaus. There are about a dozen or so restaurants in the United States that serve Hofbräu beer, but only three restaurants that are repilicas of the original Hofbräuhaus in Munich.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:10 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,460,829 times
I'm pretty sure Waffle House is quite picky when it comes to locations.

Rumor has it any new location they choose has to have a nearby trailer park consisting of at least 65% double-wide trailers. Also, the local poverty rate can't be higher than 95%.

They've turned into a bunch of dag gum snobs if you ask me. Done lost their way. Last time I was there, they had set aside a VIP section for the local meth kingpin and his posse. Servin them Texas Pete out of the finest crystal bottles and such. Shoot. He even had Peggy Sue with him. She thinks she's too good for me just because I'm stuck inhaling fiberglass shards in the factory for 13 hours a day. It ain't right! Not that I care or nothin. I'm doin just fine for myself.

Anyways, yea Waffle House is very selective.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:38 AM

1,581 posts, read 2,825,742 times
Hard Rock Cafe is picky
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.