Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 12:42 AM

291 posts, read 686,429 times

Advertisements

One that comes to my mind are the "Tommy Bahama Restaurants". They only appear to be in nice places with warm weather. They are cool restaurants which also include nice Tommy Bahama clothing stores attached to their restaurants. Anyway, these Tommy Bahama restaurant and retail store combinations are only at these locations listed below :

The Woodlands, Texas
Newport Beach, California
Naples, Florida
Scottsdale, Arizona
Wailea, Hawaii
Las Vegas, Nevada
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Laguna Beach, California
Orlando, Florida
Palm Desert, California
Sarasota, Florida
Mauna Lani, Hawaii
Sandestin, Florida

( These 13 places all seem like nice places with warm weather )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 07:00 AM

26,879 posts, read 43,362,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUelitist View Post
Why does it matter?

Every "chain" restaurant I know of is horrible.

Any good restaurant is going to have 1 location with a 5 star chef that personally creates his own menu.

I can't think of a single restaurant with more than 2 locations that I would consider worth my time.
Actually there are several that have fairly high quality and consistently rate well with critics and the general public. Bonefish Grill is a good example.
Bonefish Grill | About BFG | The Press Room (http://www.bonefishgrill.com/about/news/bonefish-grill-recognized-2010-zagat-survey/ - broken link)

Old 08-15-2011, 07:16 AM

1,937 posts, read 4,689,694 times
Ted's Montana Grill is excellent. They are picky about locations.

Ted's Montana Grill

Another is Fogo De Chao

http://www.fogodechao.com/locations/

Old 08-15-2011, 07:49 AM

10,724 posts, read 23,652,770 times
Bertucci's is pretty good for a chain (certainly much better than the Olive Garden), but they're only in the Northeast.

In and Out Burger is only around California and the Southwest. It's something I could live without, but certainly better than most burger joint chains.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:30 AM

26,879 posts, read 43,362,269 times
Quote:
What is the difference between this restaurant and Red Lobster? I can't tell.

Both seem pretty low rent to me.

Fresh seafood versus frozen for starters, as well as quality of preparation and service. If you're unable to tell, that would seemingly lessen your credibility on this topic.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:47 AM

886 posts, read 2,214,092 times
Quote:
Why does it matter?

Every "chain" restaurant I know of is horrible.

Any good restaurant is going to have 1 location with a 5 star chef that personally creates his own menu.

I can't think of a single restaurant with more than 2 locations that I would consider worth my time.
Disagree... there are some chains that are awesome... Five Guys Burgers for example... I don't care that it's a chain.. they make great burgers.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:29 AM

845 posts, read 1,786,944 times
California Pizza Kitchen. They are only in major metropolitan areas in nice malls or good locations, and some major metro areas don't have them (Oklahoma City, Cincinnati, Providence). There's none between Minneapolis and Seattle. Every state between MA and FL has them except for SC.

Cheesecake Factory must have over 250,000 people within a five-mile radius and a average household income of $50-70,000 (as of 2007). Major metro areas like Minneapolis and Charlotte have only one or two of them, and there's none in the Detroit area, and none between Jacksonville and Richmond on I-95. All of their restaurants are corporately owned.

Buca di Beppo doesn't have any locations in the New York area, one in Atlanta, and none in the Washington suburbs, but still they are a major national chain.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:34 AM

1,717 posts, read 4,632,409 times
Quote:

That's too bad. There are some chains that are consistently good. 5 star? No, but to suggest that all chains are bad is silly.

For example, in Texas, I love these two chains.

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
County Line Home

Or in Seattle,

Anthony's Home Port - Restaurants
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurants
Welcome to The Cheesecake Factory

Old 08-15-2011, 10:41 AM

6,295 posts, read 11,010,523 times
Once I asked a Wendy's out on a date and told it that we'd be going to Sally's Pizzaria in New Haven. Well, I got turned down because the Wendy's restaurant claimed Sally's was merely a second rate pizza joint. Such ignorance. :-)

Old 08-15-2011, 10:53 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,269,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
That's too bad. There are some chains that are consistently good. 5 star? No, but to suggest that all chains are bad is silly.

For example, in Texas, I love these two chains.

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
County Line Home

Or in Seattle,

Anthony's Home Port - Restaurants
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurants
Welcome to The Cheesecake Factory
He's probably just a troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.