Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 02:15 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,384,151 times

Advertisements

I felt this would be a fun topic!

Most of us have experienced different parts of the country/world sampling various bar and restaurant scenes given there was ample opportunity to do so. My question is this; for example if you are a Seattle resident, how were you received while visiting [insert city]?

Were the ladies/men all over you, or more like 'meh'?

The inspiration for this topic is based on personal experiences around the country. and every location seems to differ from the former.

With that said, I always feel best received in Miami first (which shocked the hell out of me given the eye candy involved), Philadelphia, New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville and of course here- although guys like me are a drop in the bucket around these parts, so the competition is much more fierce. Are there any places that you enjoy visiting because of this reason?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 02:20 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,056,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_Aficionado View Post
I felt this would be a fun topic!

Most of us have experienced different parts of the country/world sampling various bar and restaurant scenes given there was ample opportunity to do so. My question is this; for example if you are a Seattle resident, how were you received while visiting [insert city]?

Were the ladies/men all over you, or more like 'meh'?

The inspiration for this topic is based on personal experiences around the country. and every location seems to differ from the former.

With that said, I always feel best received in Miami first (which shocked the hell out of me given the eye candy involved), Philadelphia, New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville and of course here- although guys like me are a drop in the bucket around these parts, so the competition is much more fierce. Are there any places that you enjoy visiting because of this reason?
Everywhere I go. Check my credentials.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:41 PM

617 posts, read 1,418,096 times
I get what you're saying, for example I'm South American that can easily pass for either Puerto Rican or Dominican because of my darker skin and features, so in places like Dallas, LA, and her in Seattle its pretty easy for someone like me to get a girls attention due to the lack of competition, however Boston was a different story, doesn't mean I struggled but the competition was higher since I just blended in, in the end though it comes down to your looks and personality.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:47 PM

^^^BTW, brothas get a lot of play from hispanic girls in LA, also white girls in Seattle love the brothas, when I was in LA I got of play from the sistas, damn I miss black girls, there ain't too many out here in Seattle

Old 09-05-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtownboogie View Post
^^^BTW, brothas get a lot of play from hispanic girls in LA, also white girls in Seattle love the brothas, when I was in LA I got of play from the sistas, damn I miss black girls, there ain't too many out here in Seattle
I thought you was in Dallas.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:00 PM

3,639 posts, read 8,275,549 times
Not really a city but got alot of looks in Maryland.

mas23

Old 09-05-2011, 03:03 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,786,243 times
Quote:
That is odd, because I don't think I get as much attention anywhere as I get in Seattle.
We probably have the same color skin. Mine is a sort of light olive color.

I am Caribbean Indian mixed with White, Black and Central American

Old 09-05-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
I thought you was in Dallas.
I recently moved to Seattle, I should update my location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
That is odd, because I don't think I get as much attention anywhere as I get in Seattle.
We probably have the same color skin. Mine is a sort of light olive color.

I am Caribbean Indian mixed with White, Black and Central American
I never said I don't get play out here, though the choices seem a bit limited out here.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:24 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,786,243 times
Quote:
I never said I don't get play out here, though the choices seem a bit limited out here.
didn't say you didn't. maybe my post wasn't written in proper context

Old 09-05-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
didn't say you didn't. maybe my post wasn't written in proper context
Look who's talking now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.