U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-19-2011, 05:07 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,172,629 times

Advertisements

do Narnian cities have goatmen and talking lions running around too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 05:16 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,011,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
It's not viewed as some revolutionary amazing idea in NYC or Chicago. A big part of the reason it's being done in Narnian Cities.

lol, if you read the ZOMBIE websites in Narnian cities, they all think they invented it...Reminds me of when sushi became popular in Narnian cities, circa 2004-2006.
Why do you spend time reading zombie websites of various smaller cities?

Old 10-19-2011, 05:23 PM

1,831 posts, read 1,959,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacobm View Post
To see my theory, proven. Combined with boredom at work. Only takes 5 minutes, about as long as an MTV commercial break. The measure of a true Narnian is getting very upset when the "Narnian" is pointed out. You seem to fit the bill.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:24 PM

5,127 posts, read 5,047,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacobm View Post
Because he is all Narnian about Narnian cities (or something like that).

I still can't get past the whole self-promotion thing. Creating a term for something you don't like, then repeating it 10,000x to try to make it stick? How incredibly egocentric.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:31 PM

9,976 posts, read 7,434,707 times
Quote:
Reminds me of when sushi became popular in Narnian cities, circa 2004-2006.
Sushi became popular in the 1980s and 90s in most of the US... You could get decent sushi in Reno, Nevada in 1996, so it's not like it was something that was off the map until 2006. Were you born yet or still in grammar school?

Old 10-19-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Sushi became popular in the 1980s and 90s in most of the US... You could get decent sushi in Reno, Nevada in 1996, so it's not like it was something that was off the map until 2006. Were you born yet or still in grammar school?
He's a hipster. Sushi wasn't cool until 2003.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:42 PM

9,976 posts, read 7,434,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
He's a hipster. Sushi wasn't cool until 2003.
Nah, I wouldn't even call him that. Hipsters are always looking for the next big thing, trying to find someplace authentic or "gritty" they can live out their artistic pretenstions and denying they're from the suburbs. Despite some similarities though, this whole thread sounds like it was created by a total dork.

Anyhow, who knows so much about zombie festivals? That seems very Narnian...

Last edited by Deezus; 10-19-2011 at 06:10 PM..

Old 10-19-2011, 06:05 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,011,908 times
Quote:
To see my theory, proven. Combined with boredom at work. Only takes 5 minutes, about as long as an MTV commercial break. The measure of a true Narnian is getting very upset when the "Narnian" is pointed out. You seem to fit the bill.
Trust me I am not upset. I am just wondering where your judgments come from. You pick the strangest things like zombie walks and sushi.

You seem very "screwtapian" to me(fighting Lewis with Lewis).

You find any and every small thing to pick out about the smaller cities and cannot see any of the good from them.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:31 PM

1,831 posts, read 1,959,919 times
Those are arbitrary examples. The biggest Narnian cause is "feigned liberalism". People who aren't even liberal - but only want to prove they are because that is makes them more like the big cities.

This city has a gay mayor! Yours doesn't!
This city had a bigger gay parade than yours!
This city had more votes for Obama than yours!

I've read so many times on this forum when a Narnian city elects a gay anything, mayor, sheriff, city manager, etc. The city elected a gay official, and now it's as liberal as San Francisco. lol.

Also an exaggeration of ethnic food festivals is common among Narnian cities.

Our city has a Bosnian food festival!
Our city has an Ethiopian restaurant!
Our city has more Thai restaurants!

Some people here do know what I'm talking about, I've gotten several "reputation comments" and even some private messages from those in Narnian cities, admitting they've wanted to point this out all along, but know they cannot because the true Narnians will get too mad.

Last edited by RonnieJonez; 10-19-2011 at 07:51 PM..

Old 10-19-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Those are arbitrary examples. The biggest Narnian cause is "feigned liberalism". People who aren't even liberal - but only want to prove they are because that is makes them more like the big cities.

This city has a gay mayor! Yours doesn't!
This city had a bigger gay parade than yours!
This city had more votes for Obama than yours!

I've read so many times on this forum when a Narnian city elects a gay anything, mayor, sheriff, city manager, etc. The city elected a gay official, and now it's as liberal as San Francisco. lol.

Also an exaggeration of ethnic food festivals is common among Narnian cities.

Our city has a Bosnian food festival!
Our city has an Ethiopian restaurant!
Our city has more Thai restaurants!

Some people here do know what I'm talking, I've gotten several "reputation comments" and even some private messages from those in Narnian cities, admitting they've wanted to point this out all along, but know they cannot because the true Narnians will get too mad.
Pseudo-intellectualism at its finest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.