U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 02:09 PM

6,345 posts, read 7,784,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
They are right, most people who aren't nerds would love to spend time in those cities.
Well apparently you're the most Narnian poster on this thread. I think New York is easily the best city in the US, but there are plenty of people who have a Narnian view of the city. I don't care for Los Angeles, but understand why people like it...that said, plenty of people make it sound like some heaven while ignoring all the bad aspects of the city.

I think on this site, some Clevelanders have a Narnian view of their city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 02:11 PM

2,749 posts, read 2,220,285 times
Quote:
So Indy is on par with Atlanta and Beijing now? that's more unrealistic than anything in the Narnia books, lol

Probably going to use that Indy has a bigger 'city' population than Atlanta. I've seen Omaha do that too. Standard Narnian.
Where did I state any of that, learn to read and comprehend.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:37 PM

1,831 posts, read 1,962,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post

As far as the Olympics, no one has ever said Indianapolis would ever host the Olympics, everyone pretty much knows that, BUT what was reiterated was that unlike a lot of cities (Atlanta) included, Indy has all of the facilities to have 90% of the olympic events and never leave the city already in place. Atlanta and Beijing both had to do massive building and events so far out from the central cities whereas most cities who host an event like that end up having to do. The city lacks hotel rooms and olympic village always has to be constructed. That's pretty much the gist of it. I will say, any city should always have confidence to be able to pull anything off. No one thought ATL could ever host an olympics but yet they managed to pull it off with very little incident. If you have leaders who doubt what they can do, you need new leaders.
You directly say Indy has an advantage over those cities, having the facilities in the central city. Directly implying Indy is on the same level as two cities that hosted the Olympics, except even better before you wouldn't have to leave the amazing downtown Indy, lol.

News flash, maybe when Halley's comet returns Indy will be on that level.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:22 PM

6,864 posts, read 8,022,960 times
Quote:
Indianapolis Metrorail

Knew it wouldn't take long to find, lol.

It's MAJOR CITY to have light rail...all these feigned reasons justifying it, lol. It's really not needed, but you know the posters will look for reasons to justify it. Not hard to find some local data that caters to Narnians, it's very easy actually.

Narnian cities are known for their wild exaggerations.
I love how you point to this thread as justification that Indianapolis is narnian, yet the first three responses call the OP's map a fantasy.

Here is something from page two of that thread once the conversation shifts to the real plan:

As long as we are talking about the real plan; I think that light rail along Washington Street from the airport to at least Cumberland would be wise, as would a light rail line along College Ave from HamCo into downtown, then running along Shelby Street to UIndy. The Nickle Plate line from HamCo into downtown then down to Johnson County would be fine. Honestly, I don't see how a metro like Indianapolis could justify more rail than that.

Sounds sooooooooooo narnian.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
You directly say Indy has an advantage over those cities, having the facilities in the central city. Directly implying Indy is on the same level as two cities that hosted the Olympics, except even better before you wouldn't have to leave the amazing downtown Indy, lol.

News flash, maybe when Halley's comet returns Indy will be on that level.
Guess what, Indy has great sporting facilities, better than most cities actually, get over it. Indy has an active and Vibrant downtown strategically planned over 30 years; many officials from other cities have come to downtown Indy to see how private/public partnerships can help rejuvenate an area; again get over it. Did mayor Bart take your lunch money and push your face in the dirt when you all were kids or something? Believe me, this city nor anyone in it for that matter will never need someone the likes of you to give it any type of validation. It's growing, strong economy with the crappy economy we've got, billions in construction year in and year out going on for 10 years straight. They just shake the haterz off and keep on keepin on.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Guess what, Indy has great sporting facilities, better than most cities actually, get over it. Indy has an active and Vibrant downtown strategically planned over 30 years; many officials from other cities have come to downtown Indy to see how private/public partnerships can help rejuvenate an area; again get over it. Did mayor Bart take your lunch money and push your face in the dirt when you all were kids or something? Believe me, this city nor anyone in it for that matter will never need someone the likes of you to give it any type of validation. It's growing, strong economy with the crappy economy we've got, billions in construction year in and year out going on for 10 years straight. They just shake the haterz off and keep on keepin on.
I forgot, you're right. Indy is a world-class city, not far off NYC or Tokyo.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
I love how you point to this thread as justification that Indianapolis is narnian, yet the first three responses call the OP's map a fantasy.

Here is something from page two of that thread once the conversation shifts to the real plan:

As long as we are talking about the real plan; I think that light rail along Washington Street from the airport to at least Cumberland would be wise, as would a light rail line along College Ave from HamCo into downtown, then running along Shelby Street to UIndy. The Nickle Plate line from HamCo into downtown then down to Johnson County would be fine. Honestly, I don't see how a metro like Indianapolis could justify more rail than that.

Sounds sooooooooooo narnian.
The majority of the comments are Narnian.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
I forgot, you're right. Indy is a world-class city, not far off NYC or Tokyo.
Dude listen and try to understand, what is world class and what isn't, is all a matter of perspective. If NYC was the end all be all, it would be a city of 300 million, it's not so obviously there are other places in this nation that people find more viable for them and you know what, that's OK, New Yorkers won't lose any sleep over it or Chicago, or Boston, STL, San Fran or Indy. If you don't like it, don't visit, there are 20 million other people who visit every year who enjoy their stay whether it's for business or pleasure or both so no one is losing sleep over someone like you. If you live here and hate it, LEAVE; gtfo because there are two more people making the move here for whatever reason. No one kidnapped you and forced you to stay. You can leave at anytime and won't be missed.

Not once did I rank any city with Indy as it's all personal opinion. Just because Indianapolis has great facilities and takes pride in those facilities and sports does not mean it's NY. It's not; it's Indianapolis located in the heartland and not the East Coast. Are the facilities on par with a lot of facilities in other cities including NY, yes they are so what, build better ones, then Indy will build better, then Minneapolis will try to outdo that and so on and so on. That's the nature of the game.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:14 PM

Narnian places do have one thing in common: never known as "cool" places to visit. Indy is very narnian, you just now realized that and are trying to rationalize it.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:19 PM

5,457 posts, read 4,008,221 times
Quote:
Narnian places do have one thing in common: never known as "cool" places to visit. Indy is very narnian, you just now realized that and are trying to rationalize it.
Portland Oregon, that fits thay Discription perfectly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.