Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 04:05 PM

11 posts, read 112,463 times

Advertisements

forget it.

Last edited by kearf; 08-22-2007 at 05:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 04:36 PM

376 posts, read 1,866,835 times
Default please

this is one of the of the most ridiculous posts. have you even been out of your town in safe old canada?

Old 08-22-2007, 04:48 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,765,129 times
Please, urbandeco! it is not rediculous. the way the media portrays crime in the US would make anyone be afraid. don't call it safe old canada! that is offensive. What a rude post

Old 08-22-2007, 05:01 PM

458 posts, read 2,775,305 times
as m_r2z0 said, a lot of the crime is blown up by the media. It's kindof like the way the media blows a lot of things up into big deals in the sports world like making a big issue out of stuff like Terrell Owens falling asleep in a team meeting or someone being suspended by the coach for not meeting curfew or something like that... They have a product to sell like any other business and they have to keep their stories interesting so that people keep watching. Things do happen but it's typically one thug gets in an argument with another in the hood and one decides to shoot the other... So what. I mean it's serious and all but who cares.

San Francisco is generally considered one of the safer big cities in the US. It has some bad areas just as any place does but as long as you stay out of bad areas you will be fine. It's not like gang members walk the streets of cities in the US and pick people off at random for fun or something like that... Most of the crime in big US cities is concentrated in certain bad areas of the city. Usually where most of the ghettos and such are in those type of neighborhoods. There is no reason to go into those kind of places and just know where you are going so you don't get lost and wander into one and you will be ok. I have even driven through bad areas even at night and have never had any trouble although I don't recommend going through areas like that.

Old 08-22-2007, 05:06 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,583,545 times
Anyone who has ever been to a large city in Canada has to admit, there is a world of difference. Compared to Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, even the lowest crime US cities would seem pretty scary. How do they do it up there?

Old 08-22-2007, 05:08 PM

458 posts, read 2,775,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
Anyone who has ever been to a large city in Canada has to admit, there is a world of difference. Compared to Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, even the lowest crime US cities would seem pretty scary. How do they do it up there?
The answer to that would be very offensive and it would cause a big controversy so I am not going to say.

Old 08-22-2007, 05:13 PM

253 posts, read 1,740,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_r2z0 View Post
Please, urbandeco! it is not rediculous. the way the media portrays crime in the US would make anyone be afraid. don't call it safe old canada! that is offensive. What a rude post
r2z0, can you please refer to this thread and cease spelling ridiculous incorrectly. Even worse, the post directly above yours contains the same word, spelled correctly, yet you failed.

Rediculous.

Old 08-22-2007, 05:28 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,765,129 times
Wow! A typo! How exciting! I think Ill do an entire post on this because its so important! He is off by one letter!

Whats even funnier is that you see my name directly above your post, yet, you spelled it wrong
nice going

and leave me alone. i don't want a response from you

Last edited by Billiam; 08-22-2007 at 05:39 PM..

Old 08-22-2007, 05:45 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,583,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSL63087 View Post
The answer to that would be very offensive and it would cause a big controversy so I am not going to say.
Well, if you are insinuating it has to do with diversity, think again. Canada's cities are just as diverse as the US's, in some cases more so. Can you think of any other reasons to explain it?

Old 08-22-2007, 06:00 PM

1,565 posts, read 4,310,524 times
It's really not all THAT bad. I'm not afraid for my life. Careful in some areas at night? Sure. But I don't hide in a corner because there will be a serial murder running through the building every few hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.