Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 07:23 AM

27,558 posts, read 28,652,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
Has City Data change your opinion of a city or the way you looked at certain city? If so, what is the city or Cities, and was it a Positive change or a Negative change?
Yes it has. In spite of a lot of the personal opinions that get thrown around, there is a wealth of objective data about cities on C-D that was hard to come by previously.

So now, if I'm hearing somebody spewing nonsense about certain cities (whether good or bad), then I can easily point out actual data that proves them wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 07:54 AM

631 posts, read 1,093,479 times
Let's see...

C-D swayed my thoughts of Cleveland and Pittsburgh toward the positive side.

And most of Florida to the negative side.

I take it all with a grain of salt, though. It's still some very interesting perspectives to read about.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:40 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,191,557 times
I haven't changed my views much on actual cities, but I am very surprised at how much some people can HATE certain areas/cities/regions within our own country.

I normally either like a city, or I don't care for it. If I don't care for it I avoid it and move on. Some people are just downright creepy with the irrational anger and hatred. We're all in this together at the end of the day.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:54 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
I haven't changed my views much on actual cities, but I am very surprised at how much some people can HATE certain areas/cities/regions within our own country.

I normally either like a city, or I don't care for it. If I don't care for it I avoid it and move on. Some people are just downright creepy with the irrational anger and hatred. We're all in this together at the end of the day.
exactly.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:01 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,741,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post

Thank you for saying that because I feel the same way. This is a beautiful country of ours and I do not understand the hate that some have just because someone lives in a certain area. If I go to certain areas I at least have respect for the area and the people that live there and almost in every case I find the people warm and welcoming.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:04 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
no but but its made me much better at expressing it.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:09 AM

27,558 posts, read 28,652,113 times
If city-data has had no effect on your opinion about any city, then you must not be a very curious person.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:20 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
If city-data has had no effect on your opinion about any city, then you must not be a very curious person.
didnt say i was not interested in what others had to say. CDF is a facinating small window to the world. of great benefit to me. it has refined many things that i already believed and improved upon them. it has softened my opinions in many good ways. but to prove that was i thought was utterly mistaken & false. did not happen. i know chicago memphis new orleans and houston very well. lived in them worked in them schooled in them. no amount of CDF urban renewal posting (whitewashing) can take that from me. there is good in these place and also some real dirty laundry that needs washing.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:28 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,156,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent6969 View Post
People love to bash places without ever setting foot in said area. They make assumption on hearsay, and f anyone gives an opinion most everyone here jumps their arse faster than a flea on a dog. Lots of very immature children on this board that are unemployed and bored.
The pot is getting very close to meeting the kettle.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:24 PM

93,257 posts, read 123,898,066 times
I think so and I have found out about the character of communities, big and small, in ways I didn't know before. Heck, I can credit this forum for finding out some things about my own area that I didn't know about in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.