U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 12:50 PM

170 posts, read 272,745 times

Advertisements

Wisconsin--lakes, winter activities, summer activities, fall colors, nice people, EXCELLENT schools, progressive politics

Virginia--Appalachain Mountains, history (Civil War Battlefields), good schools, good job prospects, Northern VA is near Washington DC

Tennessee--Smoky Mountains, southern living, freindly people, lakes, lots to see

Least Favorites:

Nevada--ugly, brown, hot, dead, uneducated, poor, ridiculious crime, who wants to build their economy on gambling and stealing from people?

Louisiana--poor, uneducated, high crime, humid and HOT!, swamps, political corruption

South Carolina--hot and humid, no large cities, ignorant, poor, uneducated, high crime
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 02:55 PM

4,668 posts, read 6,112,173 times
1. Ca.
2. Maine
3. NY

Oddly enough none of my favorite 3 cities are in these states. New Orleans, Chicago, Seattle.

Old 11-12-2011, 03:13 PM

2,819 posts, read 9,375,081 times
3 Favorite:

#1 - Vermont. Green Mountain State. No public gaudy billboards, trees, mountains, friendly people. Very laid back.

#2 - Alaska. Fairbanks. Frontier, North Pole, Mountains, Down right beautiful. Was stationed there in the Army.

#3 - Georgia. The north mountains, the southern plains, very diverse environment, and my mountain home getaway. Blue Ridge, GA!

3 Least Favorite:

#50 - Florida. Hot, Humid, tourist, crowded. Did I say hot and humid?

#49 - Texas. Hot! Flat, developments behind giant walls everywhere, Can't stand the "EVERYTHING'S BIG IN TEXSHASH" attitude. Sorry, it ain't that great. Ok, maybe TexMex is good, I will give it that. Oh! did I say Hot!

#48 - West Virginia. Born and Raised there. Will put it this way. West Virginia, it was a good place to be "From". The land of NO opportunity. Controlled by Democrats since June 20, 1863. Currupt good ole' boy Yellow Dog politic, have and have not's. Georgia may have the Walking Dead (TV show) but West Virginia is where they vote.

Three favorite large cities:

#1 - Philadelphia. History
#2 - Chicago. Just fun.
#3 - Phoenix. Great West City

Three least favorite large cities:

#1 - Los Angeles. Ugh. Smog, Crowded,
#2 - NYC. Just way to big for this guy.
#3 - Dallas. See Texas.

Old 11-12-2011, 03:18 PM

17,235 posts, read 19,536,382 times
1. New York - because of NYC

2. New Jersey - because of supereasy access to NYC and Philly

3. Maryland - because of supereasy access to DC and Baltimore

Honorable mention: Connecticut

Old 11-13-2011, 04:44 PM

57 posts, read 125,421 times
(in no particular order):

Arizona
-the natural beauty & diversity of landscape (alpine, desert, mountains, canyons)
-proximity to other awesome places (CA, UT, NM, CO.. all the fun states!)
-interesting & rich culture & history
-Tucson! <3

Washington
-Seattle
-mountains everywhere!!!
-incredible natural beauty
-bodies of water in all directions
-proximity to fun places in Canada (Vancouver, Whistler, Banff)
-skiing

Utah
-lovestruck by Bryce Canyon, Zion, Arches, Moab, etc; can't get the scenery out of my mind!

Old 11-13-2011, 04:46 PM

10,553 posts, read 13,111,831 times
Illinois, Wisconsin and Michigan

Old 11-13-2011, 09:20 PM

654 posts, read 1,614,613 times
Arkansas: Grew up there. Beautiful rolling hills and crystal clear rivers and lakes. OK, that is the NWern half not the whole state but that is the half I think about since it is where I'm from. Wonderful people who would do anything to help a friend or neighbor.

Utah: Some of the most amazing scenery around. Snow capped mountains but also stark desert areas, canyons, and salt flats. Several national parks. All easily available after landing in the very livable SLC area with its international airport. Love UT and would love to live there again one day.

I don't have a clear cut third yet.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:07 PM

478 posts, read 595,046 times
1-Colorado-Im biased because this is where I live now, In Colorado Springs. I love the laid back feel of the state, and in particular my city which has around 420,000 people. If I want to go to a "big" city I'm only about 60 miles from Denver. And the natural beauty is unrivaled by very few states Imo, I'd say only Cali beats CO in that department.

2-Ohio-It's my home state, and I'm from the Cleveland area. I have alot of fam there, I love the sports teams, Lake Erie, the infastructure, architecture. Diversity(mostly in the cities).

3-Pennsylvania-Most of my ancestors settled there when they moved to the United States, and I still have alot of fam there. And Philly and Pittsburgh are two of my favorite cities. Also it has very nice natural beauty. Diversity. And Philly is really close to other major cities too like NYC, DC, Boston, B-More.

Those are my favorite 3. Illinois, Missouri, and Indiana would be 4, 5, and 6 for me.

Old 09-30-2012, 02:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,080 times
Of the 14 I've visited:

1). Colorado: Beautiful scenery and Denver is an amazing city.

2). Nevada: The desert parts out in the boonies away from Las Vegas, and Lake Tahoe.

3). North Dakota: Lovely & "empty" and the people in Bismarck were so friendly, all in complete contrast to the UK!

I also can't get enough of Death Valley - absolutely stunning!

Old 09-30-2012, 07:49 PM

2,032 posts, read 4,033,834 times
1. Arizona

2. New Mexico (AZ & NM share a lot of beauty, Southwest is my favorite spot on Earth)

3. Hard to decide between Colorado and California. I like mountains and deserts, a lot. Don't care about the ocean. California actually has better desert than CO, though I can't choose between the Rockies and the Sierra's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.