Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 03:37 PM

20,512 posts, read 33,510,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I'm not sure why people think people in NC get offended when they say they're not part of the South. I lived in Chapel Hill and mentioned they're Southerners and they acted like I said their mothers were prostitutes. Same is true in Northern Virginia even more so.
I'm not surprised that a college town like Chapel Hill is like that. Same thing in Charlottesville. You can get the same type of thing in Austin, Texas. But Charlotte, NC and Winston-Salem. Even Durham is Southern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 03:41 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,355,784 times
What a great idea for a thread. Something I would come up with...eventually.

Mention the Deep South, and they get upset if you comment on their accent or question their intelligence
Mention the Northeast, and they get upset if you think they're not "in charge" of the US
Mention the Rust Belt, and they have to point out that they are no longer rusting... and that people are flocking back
Mention Texas, and they will present you with statistics as to how diverse they now are, and that cowboy boots and big hair is a thing of the past
Mention California, and they will get irked if you think everyone there is blonde-haired and blue-eyed, and surfs
Mention the Pacific Northwest, and they will get p!$$ed if you don't think it's the Promised Land or if you say anything minimally politically incorrect

Regarding Texas, this is 2007, LOL:
http://www.cfisd.net/newsmedia/press...yl-Boots-2.jpg

Old 04-17-2012, 05:22 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,644,836 times
Mention that it's hot in Phoenix and, of course, you get, " But, it's a dry heat." Or, an oven is better than a swamp debate. If you go to the Phoenix forum from May-September, this is all you'll hear--how it's not "that hot." And, then the crazy joggers will come forward and tell you how they jog in it and it's fine.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:48 PM

9,466 posts, read 10,793,341 times
Michigan: Mention one word about taking great lakes water to help thirsty westerners, and youll see the fireworks.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:23 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,660,088 times
City data in a nutshell lol

Los Angeles: What do you mean we sprawl? We're a real dense city. We got Public transportation... I think Yeah, lemme google that ****.

Detroit: Nah man, we don't got a lot of abandoned buildings. That's just false man. You see that one right out there, I see a crack boy being using that mother****er.

San Diego: We got mountains, beach, and the best weather dude. We're like totaaaalllly bomb! Surf's up!

Chicago: What do you mean NYC gots the best skyline. We got the biggest skyscraper man, let's see how NYC will look after another 9/11, *****.

Miami: I think a collection of boxy looking neon lit condominiums gives us the best skyline in the world!!!!

Atlanta: To really appreciate our skyline, you can't take it all in with one look. Look over here. Now over there. Now get ready for this, take out your binoculars....

San Francisco: We're like so organic, PC and super super cultured and cosmopolitan. The bay area has it all, like why would I even need to travel

New Orleans: Katrina who? Say what man, what you talking about.

Denver: We got mountains Look right here, you can see them nicely on this here can of coors.

Mississippi (as a whole): We're not racist boy, now get your colored ass outta our fourm.

Philadelphia: We're like the top 3rd city in the USA. Ok, more like 4. Eh? 5! How about you just mention us in the top 10!

Phoenix: I rather be BAKED than STEAMED or FROZEN [types from heavily air conditioned basement]

Houston: We're like so diverse {scratches head thinking of every ethnic maid hired}

Austin: No man, Austin is not Texas. It's the California of Texas!

Seattle: You see, everything is better here than California. We got 4 seasons and are not as HOT. We drive slow because cops are actually BORED here.

ABQ: Eh, I thought this was a made up place in a weird Al song I'm not even going to attempt to spell that ****.

Washington DC: What do you mean big government is bad? I got here a 6 figure job sitting on my ass organizing some senator's desk. You think you're better off with that recession

Boston: it's haaard taking the opinions of city-data forum members seriously when they couldn't even get into harvard

Minneapolis: What you talking aboooot, eh? And what abooot them lakes?

Dallas: Maybe yall just didn't pray enough to avoid them god sent tornadoes .

San Jose: We're the biggest city in the bay, and we invented your computer. We're not the capital of costa rica

New York City: it's hard to hate when you're number one

Last edited by PosterExtraordinaire; 04-17-2012 at 10:17 PM..

Old 04-17-2012, 09:25 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,355,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
Mention that it's hot in Phoenix and, of course, you get, " But, it's a dry heat."
Las Vegas and Sacramento make the exact same claim...VERBATIM.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:19 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,659,021 times
Seattle is most sensitive about the rain. (duh). However, many Seattleites like the rain and don't see it as a negative. I'm one of them. I grew up in Sea-town and always thought it was comforting.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:36 PM

19 posts, read 28,757 times
I'f You talk Smack About Wisconsins cheese You will have chesse in areas were cheese shouldnt be

Old 04-19-2012, 12:38 AM

3,721 posts, read 7,821,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ki0eh View Post
In Jonestown, PA they get uptight about purple Kool-Aid jokes.
Seems that they should be getting uptight over flavor-aid jokes, than kool-aid jokes.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:42 AM

3,721 posts, read 7,821,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Seattle is most sensitive about the rain. (duh). However, many Seattleites like the rain and don't see it as a negative. I'm one of them. I grew up in Sea-town and always thought it was comforting.
It rains here a lots that's for sure, but people who claim it rains 24/7 every day of the year or close to it make me laugh.

I do get sick of the rain though. Can live with clouds, overcast, etc but the rain gets to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.