U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-26-2012, 04:59 PM
 
Location: Center City
6,850 posts, read 7,795,643 times
Reputation: 9469

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Hey, Pittsburgh has a large Irish and Italian population too, plus a fair number of Jews. Don't distance yourselves from everybody west of Blue Mountain!
Yea - wish the two cities would team up more. Those mountains sure seem impenetrable sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-26-2012, 05:02 PM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
1,392 posts, read 1,275,184 times
Reputation: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
^^^ cwa - You challenged posters to offer reasons why they feel Philly shares more similarities with Boston than with the rest of PA.
Yes I did and so far I got an Interstate that runs from Maine all the way down to Florida which doesn't prove anything and if we are for some reason using freeways alone to define an area then Philly still has more in common with the rest of PA due to the turnpike and its northeast extension. using roads here alone though is pretty ridiculous. Then I got Amtrak which proves absolutely nothing about how similar people from different areas are. Which is why I responded as I did.


Quote:
You are clearly entitled to your perspectives. Further, I have nothing invested in changing them. Just don't expect too many folks to share them.
Indeed, so are you but if you respond me to stating otherwise I will post my view on the matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2012, 05:10 PM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
1,392 posts, read 1,275,184 times
Reputation: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
Yea - wish the two cities would team up more. Those mountains sure seem impenetrable sometimes.
I take it your believer in James Carville then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2012, 05:43 PM
 
Location: The canyon (with my pistols and knife)
13,217 posts, read 17,948,587 times
Reputation: 14655
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
Yea - wish the two cities would team up more. Those mountains sure seem impenetrable sometimes.
In order for that to happen, people in Pittsburgh would have to stop assuming that people in Philadelphia are all gangbangers and welfare recipients, and people in Philadelphia would have to stop assuming that people in Pittsburgh are all hicks and old people. If they started coalescing on political issues, then they could tell rural Pennsylvania to pound sand for a change. Until this happens, though, expect the squeaky rural wheel to get all the grease in Harrisburg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2012, 05:45 PM
 
Location: The canyon (with my pistols and knife)
13,217 posts, read 17,948,587 times
Reputation: 14655
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
I take it your believer in James Carville then?
I think James Carville is full of ****, personally, but I also disagree with you on your perception of the essence of Pennsylvania.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-26-2012, 06:16 PM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
1,392 posts, read 1,275,184 times
Reputation: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
I think James Carville is full of ****, personally, but I also disagree with you on your perception of the essence of Pennsylvania.
Fair enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2012, 08:16 AM
 
Location: Center City
6,850 posts, read 7,795,643 times
Reputation: 9469
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
Yes I did and so far I got an Interstate that runs from Maine all the way down to Florida
Actually, I gave you much more than that. As I said, however, you choose to ignore that which does not support your world view. Nothing new, however - It's a technique sometimes employed by novice posters when called out on their flawed premises. That's the reason why most posters are not supporting your non-substantive views on this particular matter.

As I've also said, repeating the same thing over and over again doesn't make it true. Feel free to continue doing so, however - for all I know, you may actually believe it. It's a big forum with lots of posters. While I've lost interest in your repetition, perhaps others will engage with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2012, 08:41 AM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
1,392 posts, read 1,275,184 times
Reputation: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
Actually, I gave you much more than that. As I said, however, you choose to ignore that which does not support your world view. Nothing new, however - It's a technique sometimes employed by novice posters when called out on their flawed premises.
Damn that is snobbish elitism.


Quote:
That's the reason why most posters are not supporting your non-substantive views on this particular matter.
So your implying this board has a hive mind then?

Quote:
As I've also said, repeating the same thing over and over again doesn't make it true.
Indeed, you should follow your own advice.


Quote:
Feel free to continue doing so, however - for all I know, you may actually believe it.
Don't worry I will.

Quote:
It's a big forum with lots of posters. While I've lost interest in your repetition, perhaps others will engage with you.
Cool I won't have to deal with an elitist snob anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2012, 09:55 AM
 
Location: Center City
6,850 posts, read 7,795,643 times
Reputation: 9469
LOL - you're exhibiting pretty much all the traits of a novice poster. One is to hurl silly and juvenile epithets at posters who reveal your claims for the non-sense they are, when unable to respond with facts or sound logic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
I won't have to deal with an elitist snob anymore.
The other is the burning desire to have the last word. Go ahead . . . I'm done, the floor is wide open and you know you wanna. (Don't forget: extra points for each emoticon!).

Last edited by Pine to Vine; 02-27-2012 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: correct typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2012, 11:08 AM
 
Location: Pennsylvania
1,392 posts, read 1,275,184 times
Reputation: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
LOL - you're exhibiting pretty much all the traits of a novice poster.
Your exhibiting all the traits of an elitist snob did you really think I was going to reply differently then what I did?

Quote:
One is to hurl silly and juvenile epithets at posters who reveal your claims for the non-sense they are, when unable to respond with facts or sound logic:
Well here is something not juvenile then the negative elitist view other parts of the country have of the "northeast" you just gave credit to in your previous post and this one as well.

Quote:
The other is the burning desire to have the last word. Go ahead . . . I'm done, the floor is wide open and you know you wanna. (Don't forget: extra points for each emoticon!).
Weren't you done the last time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top