U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2011, 01:02 PM

573 posts, read 878,103 times

Advertisements

Alabama and Mississippi are great if your care to mingle with the uneducated!!

Old 11-23-2011, 01:22 PM

1,673 posts, read 2,359,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPLS_TC View Post
Looks like you would fit right in with that statement.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:32 PM

767 posts, read 2,003,929 times
Quote:
And here you are on the Mississippi thread.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:37 PM

14,151 posts, read 19,771,019 times
Quote:
I'm from up north so I'm better than you!

Old 11-23-2011, 08:14 PM

2,200 posts, read 3,793,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
If you took the time to read the title of this thread we are talking about Mississippi and Alabama.

You either got your butt kicked by someone from Alabama, or some girl or guy from Alabama didn't give you the time of day. Oh and BTW nobody here don't give two s**ts about what goes on in other states.
...and I am talking about Alabama and why it is quite possibly the worst state in the nation (Arizona is pretty bad, so there is competition).

Lol at that last part... I grew up around Alabama...in Pensacola with family in Mississippi. The worst part was having Alabama nearby. In fact I always dread the 315+ miles that I have to drive through Alabama to get home... So terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I'm from up north so I'm better than you!
I know plenty of Jawjans and Louisianians who feel the same way about both states. It's not limited to people from "the north".

Old 11-23-2011, 08:42 PM

2,402 posts, read 3,580,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
...and I am talking about Alabama and why it is quite possibly the worst state in the nation (Arizona is pretty bad, so there is competition).

Lol at that last part... I grew up around Alabama...in Pensacola with family in Mississippi. The worst part was having Alabama nearby. In fact I always dread the 315+ miles that I have to drive through Alabama to get home... So terrible.

I know plenty of Jawjans and Louisianians who feel the same way about both states. It's not limited to people from "the north".
Transplant Georgians, not true Georgians, such as myself.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:52 PM

29,944 posts, read 27,396,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post

WTF????

Alabama is the worst state in the country, but Mississippi is a bastion of culture and cuisine. I think they have some medication to treat disorders like this.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:26 PM

4,230 posts, read 9,137,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
WTF????

Alabama is the worst state in the country, but Mississippi is a bastion of culture and cuisine. I think they have some medication to treat disorders like this.
That's only because Mississippi's culture is more of a hybrid of different stuff than Alabama's. Northwest, northeast, southwest, southeast, Mississippi all have different influences. Alabama seems to be more a solid state culturally. Either way their both still at the bottom.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:48 PM

2,200 posts, read 3,793,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
Transplant Georgians, not true Georgians, such as myself.
Uh, no, "true" Jawjans as well... From across the state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
That's only because Mississippi's culture is more of a hybrid of different stuff than Alabama's. Northwest, northeast, southwest, southeast, Mississippi all have different influences. Alabama seems to be more a solid state culturally. Either way their both still at the bottom.
Bingo.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:16 PM

29,944 posts, read 27,396,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Let this other dude tell it, Mississippi is nearly at the top and Alabama is always scraping the bottom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or