U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2011, 02:15 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,543,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
What is it with people that they feel the need to interject the names of the states of Mississippi and Alabama when they want to make their state look better? I don't know how many times I've heard, "At least it's not Mississippi", "At least we're not Alabama", etc.

What is so bad about Mississippi and Alabama? Nothing, in my opinion. They are two fine states.

I understand you may be more liberally inclined, and you may not like the fact that these two states are filled with a lot of conservative, religious people, but so what! Why does that make it a bad state? Why does that justify you bringing it up for ridicule in threads that having nothing to do with the state?

It's about time that people got with the times and realized that both of these states are wonderful, beautiful states filled with great people.
Count me among those who really don't care. Criticism is justified IMO.

These two states will forever be known as Ground Zero for this country's greatest and ongoing problem: The mistreatment of black people by bigoted whites.

Sure, there are some fine people in these two places, but these states bring criticism upon themselves, especially when it comes time to elect a President.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:37 AM

4,230 posts, read 9,135,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
Transplant Georgians, not true Georgians, such as myself.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:41 AM

2,402 posts, read 3,579,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Count me among those who really don't care. Criticism is justified IMO.
Justified for what? Things that happened decades ago? Things that occurred in other locations when similar mixing of the groups were found, but was a rarity in most other locations because the intermingling of the groups was almost zero. Less diversity= Less conflict.

Quote:
These two states will forever be known as Ground Zero for this country's greatest and ongoing problem: The mistreatment of black people by bigoted whites.
Yes, and so was Boston and Detroit, and even Chicago.

That said, you do realize that black people mistreat whites all the time, and are bigoted toward them as well, in terms of murders and rapes?

That said, that's a minority of the population, and it was a minority of the population everywhere where these events occur. Yet, you have one set of scorn for one as opposed to the other. What gives?

Quote:
Sure, there are some fine people in these two places, but these states bring criticism upon themselves, especially when it comes time to elect a President.
These states have brought no criticisms upon themselves. Get over things that happened nearly five decades ago. That stuff is in the past, just as the other events that happened in other locations are in the past.

Why would anyone want to elect a Communist, which is what Obama is? His race has nothing to do with how Alabama and Mississippi, and many other states voted. It's the fact that he's a Communist and a member of the Democrat Party. That's it. If it were about race, you wouldn't see Herman Cain polling high in these same states.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:49 AM

4,230 posts, read 9,135,109 times
Stars&StripesForever With these random uneducated, bigoted, statements you're constantly making to get your point across; you're actually making Alabama, Mississippi, and "true Georgians" look exactly as they do in the media. You'd also be a fool to think that race didn't affect the election in any state on either end, black or white.

It's the same exact mentality that you appear to have that is portrayed in the media and attacked by other states even though all states have people like that. Is that why this in particular is so important to you? Hitting close to home huh? That's must be why you can't see it.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:08 AM

29,940 posts, read 27,365,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Stars&StripesForever With these random uneducated, bigoted, statements you're constantly making to get your point across; you're actually making Alabama, Mississippi, and "true Georgians" look exactly as they do in the media. You'd also be a fool to think that race didn't affect the election in any state on either end, black or white.

It's the same exact mentality that you appear to have that is portrayed in the media and attacked by other states even though all states have people like that. Is that why this in particular is so important to you? Hitting close to home huh? That's must be why you can't see it.
Race-baiting is his life. It's a pretty sad existence if you ask me.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Stars&StripesForever With these random uneducated, bigoted, statements you're constantly making to get your point across; you're actually making Alabama, Mississippi, and "true Georgians" look exactly as they do in the media.
Please explain what I have said that is inaccurate? If you can find it, I'd be more than happy to admit my error.

By the way, the truth is the truth, regardless as to whether it is popular or not.

Quote:
You'd also be a fool to think that race didn't affect the election in any state on either end, black or white.
Of course. Blacks voted for Obama at 95% of their vote.
Demographics for US Presidential Election 2008 Brand Tao
Whites, on the other hand, divided their vote much more evenly.

Quote:
It's the same exact mentality that you appear to have that is portrayed in the media and attacked by other states even though all states have people like that.
And what mentality is that? I've said nothing that is in error, as far as I can recall. How can someone give facts and post generalities about life that are true and supposedly be "attacked". That makes no sense.

Yes, the media plays into the hands of the ignorant. They always have. I find it odd, though, how so many people can blatantly follow a deceiving media, when the object of the media's ridicule is nothing like that which they speak.

Quote:
Is that why this in particular is so important to you? Hitting close to home huh? That's must be why you can't see it.
What is close to home to me? I simply noted people speaking negatively of Mississippi and Alabama and felt the need to address it. I do not live in either of these states, as I've stated, but the ridiculousness of it all needed to be addressed.

By the way, I've done enough research over the past fifteen years on all areas of which I speak to know that of which I speak is statistically and factually sound. I'm not going to post garbage, which a lot of people tend to do. Everything I say has been researched or observed. It's not "pie-in-the-sky" stuff.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Race-baiting is his life. It's a pretty sad existence if you ask me.
I wish I didn't have to speak on this stuff, but when so many people bring it up, and that information of which they speak is in error, you better believe I'm going to set people straight.

Old 11-24-2011, 08:05 AM

1,673 posts, read 2,358,660 times
Ok its time to close this thread. It's become a thread of idiotic and racist opinions. Stars and Stripes do us all a favor and never mention Alabama in your threads ever. People like you are a dying breed and we the people of the South are better off without people like yourself.

Old 11-24-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
Ok its time to close this thread. It's become a thread of idiotic and racist opinions. Stars and Stripes do us all a favor and never mention Alabama in your threads ever. People like you are a dying breed and we the people of the South are better off without people like yourself.
What have I said that is in error, or incorrect? Please do me the favor of pointing out where I have erred? All you're doing is ridiculing me, but you have the burden of proof on you to point out where I have erred.

By the way, I am nearly 35 years of age, in the prime of my life, have two advanced degrees, and am not some ignorant individual on things of which he speaks.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:58 AM

14,151 posts, read 19,759,815 times
You have two advanced degrees and say Obama is a communist? Go dig up that receipt and take those degrees back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or