U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Unread 11-19-2011, 08:40 PM

10,107 posts, read 6,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
Hey live here and see how it is, I'll be glad to trade places with ya.
Happens all over the country.

Unread 11-19-2011, 08:51 PM

283 posts, read 213,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Happens all over the country.
I used to live in Bryan/College Station, hung out with black friends, still do here in Georgia when I'm tokin' with folks... but Georgia/Alabama has a higher concentration of trashy people of all backgrounds, that incident just struck a nerve with me because that little girl's parents are teaching her some ****ed up ****, and if you don't consider it racist you're in denial.

Unread 11-19-2011, 09:05 PM

2,099 posts, read 1,715,266 times
The problem with white people who have to think so hard about living with black people: they don't really believe middle class black exist and even if they do, they're afraid to live as part of a minority where they wouldn't be in control.

Unread 11-19-2011, 09:06 PM

10,107 posts, read 6,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
I used to live in Bryan/College Station, hung out with black friends, still do here in Georgia when I'm tokin' with folks... but Georgia/Alabama has a higher concentration of trashy people of all backgrounds, that incident just struck a nerve with me because that little girl's parents are teaching her some ****ed up ****, and if you don't consider it racist you're in denial.
If its true, of course its racist. I just don't see it happening.

I'm sure Texas has more 'trashy people.'

Unread 11-19-2011, 09:13 PM

283 posts, read 213,127 times
Welcome to Columbus, Georgia. I mean I've met really cool people from Alabama, and here as well, but this town is exceptional for how backwards it is compared to everything around it. Mix in religion with a plantation mentality, and you get about 5% of Columbus's population, mixed in with more religion and white nationalists, thats another 5%, then the rest are less religious country boy types with xenophobic tendencies, good at heart, but they'll scare you with the **** they say.

Unread 11-19-2011, 10:18 PM

13,014 posts, read 11,528,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
no, i would not.

1) i don't want my kids growing up talking and acting like they are black or gangster or whatever just because they were raised around it
2) as long as i'm alive, race mixing in my family won't be tolerated... not out of racism, but in the best interest of our identity and culture that took thousands of years to protect and develop
As crazy as that may sound to people, I kinda understand your reasoning. When you have miscegenation(especially between White and Black), the child usually gets recognized for their Black side more than their White side. It's like their European heritage is rejected. So, me as a 100% dark-skinned black dude, I can fully understand your reasoning without jumping the gun in anger.

Unread 11-19-2011, 10:23 PM

2,024 posts, read 1,573,543 times
cant think of any black-majority cities i would want to live in

Unread 11-19-2011, 10:26 PM

13,014 posts, read 11,528,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
The problem with white people who have to think so hard about living with black people: they don't really believe middle class black exist and even if they do, they're afraid to live as part of a minority where they wouldn't be in control.
Exactly. These are the same people who would fear living in Baldwin Hills. When they don't have control they freak out.

Unread 11-19-2011, 10:34 PM

126 posts, read 122,411 times
Is one of the towns Bloomfield, CT? I could see myself living there. People in CT will make it sound worst than it is, but as far as I'm concerned, after living in blue collar Staten Island all my life- The town is pretty nice. The black youth in that area are known to graduate HS at a good rate. That's a good sign.
It's a decent places to live. Taxes suck, but anywhere in the north east is like that. I wouldn't worry about it.

I wouldn't like living in a homogenous area anyway. I'm half white though.

Unread 11-19-2011, 10:46 PM

4,660 posts, read 2,454,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
no, i would not.

1) i don't want my kids growing up talking and acting like they are black or gangster or whatever just because they were raised around it
2) as long as i'm alive, race mixing in my family won't be tolerated... not out of racism, but in the best interest of our identity and culture that took thousands of years to protect and develop
I guess you would be the real life family of the film "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" if any of your family members dated someone outside their race.

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner trailer - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.