U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2011, 07:53 PM

8 posts, read 8,559 times

Advertisements

Hi,
originally from France, we currently live in French Polynesia. We are a family of 4 (2 boys : 5 and 2) looking for a new place to live. And we would like to move in an english speaking country.
I'm a pro musician (sax player) and work part time as a bilingual tour guide, my wife is in art & jewelry industry.
We know that life in america will be very different than in polynesia, considering that living on a small island is not such a paradise !! (we feel too isolated here sometimes). Actually, we are not in a hurry and plan to move in 2012-2013 (we just applied for a green card via the DVlottery program, fingers crossed ).
Our general questions are about life in the USA. I already found some informations on this forum about economy, quality of life, cost of living, jobs opportunities, good places to settle in the country...
So, we just need your opinion on our plan to relocate in the US, and if we're selected for the green card in a few month, we will be back here for more specific questions.
Thank you guys, hope to read you soon.
Seb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or