U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2014, 08:13 PM

12,698 posts, read 10,510,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Meh...Waffle House...Awful House is mor elike it. I eat there sometimes though.

I live in a city where you can see one Waffle House from the parking lot of another Waffle House.

I'm not kidding.

Here we go. 0.1 miles/27 seconds apart. WTF
That's like finding competing gas stations right across the street from one another, or a McDonald's and a Wendy's - but worse because it is the exact same place. One will lose business over the other, it's bound to, someone is going to say, "I want to go to Waffle House" - and will be forced to pick one of the two, what sense does that make?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 08:19 PM

37 posts, read 43,047 times
15 pages on Waffle House. lol

Nobody forcing you guys to eat there. It'll be ok. Stay cool. More bacon for the rest of us. lol

Old 07-27-2014, 07:53 AM

44,840 posts, read 36,186,607 times
My gosh, how "gourmet" do people want waffles, eggs, toast, bacon, sausage, and/or grits? I mean, these things don't require chefs to prepare them, and don't require fancy ingredients to be simply good, honest breakfast food. I like WH because they make simple breakfast food with simple ingredients - fresh while you sit there and watch them make it. None of it is prepackaged or processed - it's just basic, good food. And that's all I want for breakfast. I don't want fancy crepes or bloody Marys or shrimp in my omelet!

Old 07-27-2014, 01:05 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,751,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Those people up north and west are missing out. Nothing better than drunk Waffle House hangout at 4:30am. Put ya foot in it sweetheart..
We have Dennys for that. Id rather have In-n-out than waffle house. I ate at one on my road trip, not all that impressed. We already have stellar places like pancake house, broken yolk and roscoe's chicken and waffles if we want killer waffles and breakfast.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:54 PM

44,840 posts, read 36,186,607 times
I just can't get into the whole chicken and waffles thing. Blech. Just say no to chicken for breakfast! Unless it's embryonic chicken in the form of eggs.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:00 PM

13,420 posts, read 16,966,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
That's like finding competing gas stations right across the street from one another, or a McDonald's and a Wendy's - but worse because it is the exact same place. One will lose business over the other, it's bound to, someone is going to say, "I want to go to Waffle House" - and will be forced to pick one of the two, what sense does that make?
Waffle House chooses their locations based on traffic patterns. Being primarily a late night / early morning eatery, they tend to be on the side of the road where people are heading TO work. Or in places where there is lots of traffic, or cross-commuting, they may locate on BOTH sides of a major highway to catch patrons going both ways. In large or congested metro areas, like Metro Atlanta, they are frequently on BOTH sides of an interstate exit so that customers, particularly truck drivers, do not have to cross traffic to reach them and then get back on the interstate.

MAKE SENSE?

BTW ... Waffle House is a highly successful company, so they're obviously doing something right.

Old 07-28-2014, 06:36 AM

56,102 posts, read 54,581,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Here's a map and accompanying list of the number of Waffle House locations by state...

Smothered
381 - Georgia

Covered
144 - South Carolina
142 - North Carolina
133 - Florida
128 - Alabama
103 - Tennessee

Scattered
99 - Texas
72 - Mississippi
66 - Louisiana
64 - Kentucky
64 - Ohio
41 - Arkansas
40 - Virginia
39 - Missouri

Chunked
18 - Arizona
17 - Indiana
16 - Oklahoma
11 - Colorado
11 - Maryland
11 - Pennsylvania

Diced
6 - Kansas
4 - West Virginia
3 - Delaware
2 - Illinois
2 - New Mexico

There are no Waffle House locations in Alaska, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin or Wyoming.
I live in NJ. I never heard of Waffle House until City-Data, and then I laughed that there was a place with such a name--a restaurant built around waffles? I don't think I've had a waffle since I was a little kid. We had them with ice cream.

THEN--I found out it was a whole chain of restaurants!!! Do people really eat so many waffles that you can build an entire restaurant chain around them??

Old 07-28-2014, 12:38 PM

13,223 posts, read 17,963,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Do people really eat so many waffles that you can build an entire restaurant chain around them??
Doesn't everything about this topic answer your question?

Old 07-28-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I live in NJ. I never heard of Waffle House until City-Data, and then I laughed that there was a place with such a name--a restaurant built around waffles? I don't think I've had a waffle since I was a little kid. We had them with ice cream.

THEN--I found out it was a whole chain of restaurants!!! Do people really eat so many waffles that you can build an entire restaurant chain around them??
1. If you've never heard of Waffle House, then you must have NEVER traveled down South. They are everywhere, on almost every interstate exit.

2. From Wikipedia: Forkner suggested naming it Waffle House, as waffles were the most profitable item on the 16-item menu. The fragile nature of waffles also made the point that it was a dine-in, not a carry-out, restaurant, but it confused patrons as to meal availability other than breakfast.

3. Waffle House Menu

Waffle House - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-28-2014, 02:10 PM

OMG I have to go to WH right now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.