Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 07:07 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,690,496 times

Advertisements

I think Waffle House is good. Despite their bad reputation as a dirty, dive diner type of place. Everytime I've eaten there the food has been good. Hot, fresh and delicious. Their bacon game be on point with an american cheese omlette and hash brown.. mmmm im hungry now.

Last edited by OptimusPrime69; 01-14-2016 at 07:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 07:28 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,514,664 times
I too like the food at Waffle House more than a few other similar chains. I really could go for an all star special right now.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:08 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,298,066 times
We don't need a waffle house in Los Angeles. We already have a nice chain called Roscoes Chicken and Waffles

Old 01-15-2016, 08:02 AM

23,461 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcat View Post
We don't need a waffle house in Los Angeles. We already have a nice chain called Roscoes Chicken and Waffles
Where you happily hand over six times the $$$$ you would at a Waffle House.

Old 01-15-2016, 12:36 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,800,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Yet, you would be singing their praises if they were based in your precious Brooklyn and had some strange name like 'Eggz.'

Yea I think there is a definite regional bias behind some of these comments. While Waffle House is a love it or hate it kind of thing I would be wiling to bet that most of these negative posts are from folks who look down on the South to begin with. Your right too, up North they do put silly trendy names on ole greasy spoons to make em look special. "Eggz", I loved that

Old 01-15-2016, 12:46 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,800,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcat View Post

Looked this Roscoes, for some reason I have heard of it. From what I found it sounds like its just an LA thing. I found no locations in other parts of California or the West Coast. The menu not really like Waffle House nor is the atmosphere. It really may be more comparable to an IHOP. It does look like a good place however, if I am ever in California maybe Ill grab a bite to eat there. The last time I was in LA I ate at another chain and got really sick. When I think of LA I think of food poisoning, so Ill be looking for a better experience next time.

Old 01-15-2016, 05:18 PM

699 posts, read 610,742 times
Sometime many years ago, I was in Atlanta for business. Fresh from the West Coast, I was eating up all this good ole' southern charm, soul food, and family run diners. I noticed these yellow signs beckoning me to 'Waffle House.' I want to go so bad, to me this restaurant represented everything about the South: cheap, fatty food, and community atmosphere. And when I found it was originally founded in Georgia? Oh man, I was set!

Except none of my business associates wanted to go with me. They told me the food is bad, and they'd take me to better restaurants. So one night I snuck in myself, and .... Well, nothing special happened.

Fastforward to today, I live in Miami. I see plenty of Waffle Houses here and there around Florida. Never ate in one, the food just isn't that special to me.

Old 01-15-2016, 08:09 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,467,780 times
In a Waffle House:

Cops: Woman breaks a nose and a window, strips inside Waffle... | www.ajc.com

Old 01-15-2016, 08:22 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,918,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
The free entertainment is part of the appeal of Waffle House (they have GREAT juke boxes!). And with over 2,100 locations, you're bound to occasionally come across the bizarre.

Old 01-15-2016, 08:38 PM

23,461 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_winter_breeze View Post
Sometime many years ago, I was in Atlanta for business. Fresh from the West Coast, I was eating up all this good ole' southern charm, soul food, and family run diners. I noticed these yellow signs beckoning me to 'Waffle House.' I want to go so bad, to me this restaurant represented everything about the South: cheap, fatty food, and community atmosphere. And when I found it was originally founded in Georgia? Oh man, I was set!

Except none of my business associates wanted to go with me. They told me the food is bad, and they'd take me to better restaurants. So one night I snuck in myself, and .... Well, nothing special happened.

Fastforward to today, I live in Miami. I see plenty of Waffle Houses here and there around Florida. Never ate in one, the food just isn't that special to me.
Everything about the South = Cheap, fatty food. Credibility = 0.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.