U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 01:58 AM

11,456 posts, read 6,641,973 times

Advertisements

The closest one to me is in Allentown, PA, I've been there twice. I really like Waffle House.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2016, 08:04 AM

2,039 posts, read 4,566,850 times
Louisiana is the epitome of local food establishments, yet Waffle House is a welcomed addition. Always felt a certain comfort eating there. Also they are pretty clean around here.

Old 10-02-2016, 07:43 AM

6,980 posts, read 12,524,677 times
I guess there are reasons why WH is only in certain regions.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:36 PM

2,670 posts, read 1,989,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellGuy View Post
Personally, when I was in NC, I ate at one, and I see it as inferior quality to IHOP which is not exactly known for its cuisine.

I make better pancakes at home, so why waste my money?
Pancakes at Waffle House?
Do you order Waffles at IHOP?

You don't go to those places for the cuisine. you go there because you're hungry, and want a quick fix.

Old 02-21-2017, 12:32 AM

18,924 posts, read 6,938,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
We just had a longstanding Waffle House close, at 59th Ave&I-10 next to the Liberty Truck Stop
Update, this area is where a freeway interchange is going in. The Waffle House and Truck Stop have both been torn down, a couple other businesses in the path of the interchange on the chopping block. Super 8 Motel has been closed and sign taken down

Old 07-27-2019, 03:05 PM

1 posts, read 104 times
We lost our almost 50 year in 5 Points Athens, GA WAHO just over a year ago. It WAS a locals hangout you could count on during power outages or Christmas mornings.. ours is missed dearly... the next nearest one is a whopping half mile down the road..or one mile in downtown. miss you Ms Peaches!!
Major Tom

Old 07-27-2019, 03:21 PM

1,416 posts, read 858,233 times
St Louis metro east gets all the good chains in IL. Wish we had these in Chicago. I would say I understand why they aren't here (historically associated with the south), but there's Waffle Houses as far north as Toledo, OH and throughout parts of PA, so it wouldn't be crazy for one to open up here. I stop there all the time when I'm visiting family/friends in GA, VA, IN, KS etc. Perfect hangover place, or really just a good "go to" place in general to hangout and have coffee/food.

Though fortunately, Waffle House's biggest knockoff, "Huddle House" has announced they'll be entering the Chicago market. Never had that place, but might need to give it a go.

I will say I'm surprised there's so few in southern Illinois. Considering there's ton in KY and MO as well as Indy, it would only make sense there'd be more in that area.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:49 AM
Status: "They say progress but I see degeneracy." (set 8 days ago)

1,255 posts, read 590,833 times
I just Wikipedia'd Huddle House and I am surprised that it's a Southern/Atlanta area place. It's definitely an off brand Waffle House. I never ate there though.

Old 07-28-2019, 10:14 AM

3,739 posts, read 1,575,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
I'm not big on mediocre chains (can't stand Denny's), but I love Waffle House. I'm glad to see my next state of residence (NM) has at least one, we have none here in New England. Arn't Waffle Houses open 24 hours? Last time I ate at one was in Dallas, love the pecan waffles! Something about the place felt less chain like and part of the local scene. Same thing when I ate at one in Kentucky, it felt like a locals place.
I TOTALLY agree!!! My wife and I travel a lot and eat out a lot. We do not care for mediocre chains (as you well stated) or chains in general, but we both love Waffle House. As is on the list, there are quite a few here in NC. When we eat at one, it's usually on the road and we want a quick bite that's filling. It's inexpensive, fast, and tastes great. I almost always get the All-American breakfast: eggs, toast, hash browns, bacon, and waffle. I love breakfast food any time of day, lol.

Old 07-28-2019, 01:02 PM

717 posts, read 1,015,280 times
only 4 in WV? that was the first place I ever had/saw it surprisingly enough
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.