Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 11:16 PM

846 posts, read 1,796,967 times

Advertisements

Charleston, SC is an area with a lot of growth, with the new Boeing plant, many other new businesses, and one of the biggest sporting events ever to hit South Carolina, the PGA Championship.

Charleston will gain lots of media attention from that event which will be a breakthrough, perhaps for Tiger Woods.

The airport will begin its expansion. It already added a flight to JFK that it didn't have, and will probably add a couple more cities throughout the year, including with Southwest Airlines.

Boeing will employ several thousand more than it does now, and the first delivery of a 787 Dreamliner here will be a huge, breaking news event.

This will be a very interesting year.

What do you think will happen in your area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 11:20 PM

10,745 posts, read 23,801,634 times
digging that deep foundation in the wilds of Montana for shelter for the upcoming rapture.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:23 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,209,389 times
I think 2012 will be more of the same here. We had a pretty good prosperous year.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:22 AM

4,647 posts, read 8,595,914 times
Lions will be in the playoffs. Citizens will finally have something not to be disappointed about...for the time being.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:37 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,612,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animatedmartian View Post
Lions will be in the playoffs. Citizens will finally have something not to be disappointed about...for the time being.

The Lions make it into the playoffs and the world ends in December.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:34 PM

93,202 posts, read 123,819,554 times
Some projects should be finished or will get started(Bio-Tech Center, Carousel Mall expansion, Upstate Medical cancer center, some apartment projects, etc). Jets training camp returns to Cortland. Population should slowly, but surely increase.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:12 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,331,345 times
Wet, hopefully.

State Drought Monitor

Old 01-01-2012, 08:36 PM

83 posts, read 163,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan16 View Post
Charleston, SC is an area with a lot of growth, with the new Boeing plant, many other new businesses, and one of the biggest sporting events ever to hit South Carolina, the PGA Championship.

Charleston will gain lots of media attention from that event which will be a breakthrough, perhaps for Tiger Woods.

The airport will begin its expansion. It already added a flight to JFK that it didn't have, and will probably add a couple more cities throughout the year, including with Southwest Airlines.

Boeing will employ several thousand more than it does now, and the first delivery of a 787 Dreamliner here will be a huge, breaking news event.

This will be a very interesting year.

What do you think will happen in your area?
I don't think Minneapolis / Saint Paul will experience any major changes any time soon but I could be wrong.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:17 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,489,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale the male View Post
I don't think Minneapolis / Saint Paul will experience any major changes any time soon but I could be wrong.
Sadly true
2014 will be a great year for us though

Old 01-02-2012, 06:42 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,772,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Wet, hopefully.

State Drought Monitor
Seriously, but that looks WAYY better than it did in September Also didn't see that most of Travis County pulled out of "Exceptional", at least for now.

I'm skeptical of the alarmist articles talking about how TX is entering into a "30 year drought", but most reasonable predictions say that 2012 will probably bring more dryness, at least in the beginning, but I do think Travis County will pull out of the drought by the end of this year.

Hopefully 2012 will bring more subdued, manageable growth to Austin. With the record-setting summer heat, concerns about water, and less-than-rosy jobs situation, I think more people will think twice about packing up and moving to this area.

Finally, the Formula 1 track should be finished and the race descending upon us in November.

EDIT: This is not for Austin, but I just learned that 2012 will bring TRADER JOE'S to DFW!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.