U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-30-2011, 02:14 PM
tco tco started this thread

2 posts, read 2,779 times
Default What are the warmest cities during winter on the northeast coast?

I currently live in Chicago, and I love everything about it except the cold! There was a warm, beautiful sunshiny day last month, and I wish it was like that everyday but it's not

Actual coast please because I want to be oceanfront. Muchas gracias.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 02:46 PM

4,760 posts, read 4,718,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tco View Post
I currently live in Chicago, and I love everything about it except the cold! There was a warm, beautiful sunshiny day last month, and I wish it was like that everyday but it's not

Actual coast please because I want to be oceanfront. Muchas gracias.
There are no warmest cities during winter on the northeast coast. Matter fact, the northeast has it worse than everywhere else because they are probably going to have norEaster again. You have to go down south. Florida is the warmest state on the east coast right now. We have had weather in the 60s and 70s for the past few weeks. It's been really great. The wind has been blowing very nice too. Almost perfect. But it wasn't like this in the summer. Oh goodness you would NOT want to be here during summer. It was terribly hot and humid. That was the last straw for me. That's why I'm relocating. You only get a few months of good weather in Florida and the rest of the year is hell. You need to go out west like me if you hate the cold and hate humidity.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:51 PM

5,309 posts, read 3,426,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
There are no warmest cities during winter on the northeast coast. Matter fact, the northeast has it worse than everywhere else because they are probably going to have norEaster again. You have to go down south. Florida is the warmest state on the east coast right now. We have had weather in the 60s and 70s for the past few weeks. It's been really great. The wind has been blowing very nice too. Almost perfect. But it wasn't like this in the summer. Oh goodness you would NOT want to be here during summer. It was terribly hot and humid. That was the last straw for me. That's why I'm relocating. You only get a few months of good weather in Florida and the rest of the year is hell. You need to go out west like me if you hate the cold and hate humidity.
IN Boston its been 60F-65F all week.

Old 11-30-2011, 03:36 PM

2,241 posts, read 4,028,936 times
Take a look at a map of the Northeast. The warmest cities will be at the southernmost portion of the coast. As you move north, they get colder.

Any questions?

Old 11-30-2011, 09:17 PM

62 posts, read 47,917 times
baltimore (maryland is the southern most of the northeastern states)

Old 12-01-2011, 02:00 AM

4,594 posts, read 6,788,397 times
Yes, Baltimore, though it is on the Chesapeake Bay not the ocean and not everyone consdiers us the Northeast since we're south of the Mason Dixon Line. Honestly, you have to go further south for nice coastal cities like Charleston SC or Virginia Beach.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:35 AM

29,028 posts, read 32,988,763 times
Perhaps Atlantic City. As for big cities, Philadelphia would probably be the warmest, but it isn't on the coast. NYC can get cold, but it isn't like the interior Northeast. If you include MD, Baltimore would work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.