U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 12:16 PM

10 posts, read 9,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan840 View Post
I agree with ya waronxmas. The "country" look if that's what yall wanna call it use to be a cool button down, good pair of jeans, boots and hat was always a preference for style, myself I have always bent the brim quite a bit anytime I buy a new hat. Nowadays you see all the advertisement clothing like John Deere, Browning stickers, people wearing major camo, big knee high wader looking boots and makes ya wonder how many of these people have even stepped foot out in the woods let alone shot a rifle/shotgun or ever been near a farm lol. I think its become "cool" to wear camo and other hunting clothing, at least here in Georgia I've noticed.
I agree with both of you, nowadays the "country" label is overblown. Im twenty, and have one set of really old boots and a bunch of old ratty jeans but I only wear those for work. To go out in public I have nice boots jeans and shirts, but the funny thing is that my style doesn't fit in with the people who think they are "country." Very few people understand! I think it is ridiculous, I had friends that wore camo to prom in high school!

So to the OP I would say that the "good ol boys" are scattered around and would take some looking for because they are mixed in with a lot of country trash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 08:32 AM

177 posts, read 211,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
I live in the Austin / San Antonio TX area and I can't remember the last time I saw a cowboy hat or boots... so this must not be the South you are looking for. I agree with the others. I'd look for a small town in the South. Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia maybe?
i highly disagree there are cows and horses in san antonio and austin and even a few donkeys in both cities. and there plenty of cowboys especially on the outskirts

Old 02-19-2012, 10:37 AM

5,230 posts, read 11,671,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Yikes! I guess they don't care about fashion sense then! Never heard of the term and don't know anyone who chews tabacco except maybe baseball players.
I never did either until I moved to Texas. Ugh!!

Old 02-21-2012, 10:40 PM

737 posts, read 1,411,891 times
Greenville, SC without a doubt. Located in the foothills of Appalachia, a very status quo lil town with tons of rednecks, and those who didn't quite care for your diverse background. Lots of confederate flags in the area, on trucks, in yards, college dorms, etc... I couldn't wait to leave. Ironically even the "educated" people were "less than impressive", shall I say.

Last edited by sandlapper; 02-21-2012 at 11:05 PM..

Old 02-22-2012, 04:13 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,215,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
From my experiences in the South (in no particular order).......

Jackson, MS
Montgomery, AL
Mobile, AL
Macon, GA
Columbia, SC
Memphis, TN
Fayetteville, NC
Monroe, LA
Tallahassee, FL
Being raised in Columbia, SC. I can't name one person I've personally met who goes 4-Wheelin' and all that others stuff....Maybe in the rural areas near the city, but puhlease don't lump my town in that category. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or