Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2010, 01:24 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,730,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
I don't get why that matters.
because you agreed with the person that laughed at fashions that southerners were wearing that they got from nyc.

also:

http://kingsrowe.com/officialblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/UserImage.aspx-1.jpg (broken link)

YouTube - Nicki Minaj Version Slumber Party

bet you won't like that. haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 01:26 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,076,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
because you agreed with the person that laughed at fashions that southerners were wearing that they got from nyc.

also:

YouTube - Nicki Minaj Version Slumber Party

bet you won't like that. haha.
LOL It's obvious you don't understand that I simply don't care what you wear in NY. It doesn't matter to someone in KY what is being worn in NY. It's that simple.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
we made it fashionable. we made it acceptable regardless of race. and ppl been rocking flannels in ny since you were in kindergarten.

"with the red and black lumberjack and the hat to match"
-biggie

(for example)

a lumberjack is a flannel.

anyway the youth wasn't rocking them hard like they are now along with their scarves, shades, etc. until we started doing it.

all those ppl in the photos i posted in my previous post, with the exception of the female (nicki minaj) are from the south. they hopped on the bandwagon late.

again, the ppl in those photos are from the south.

we make certain things fashionable. fashions come and go. what is tacky? tacky is subjective. what one person thinks is tacky, another person has "created" by starting a trend. then its on to the next trend.

are you really 24? you don't come off as if you are...

you wouldn't be questioning this stuff, IMO if you were really 24. this stuff is commonplace all over america. at least up and down the east coast and the west coast, and texas.

i have more examples. this time from celebs:

bonus:

we are fashion icons. period. lol @ ny being tacky. ppl cannot be serious. nyc is one of if not THEE fashion capital of the world for a reason.
LMBO at the second to last two... what the heck?

Old 02-24-2010, 01:34 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,101,920 times
Quote:
we made it fashionable. we made it acceptable regardless of race. and ppl been rocking flannels in ny since you were in kindergarten.

"with the red and black lumberjack and the hat to match"
-biggie

(for example)

a lumberjack is a flannel.

anyway the youth wasn't rocking them hard like they are now along with their scarves, shades, etc. until we started doing it.

all those ppl in the photos i posted in my previous post, with the exception of the female (nicki minaj) are from the south. they hopped on the bandwagon late.

again, the ppl in those photos are from the south.

we make certain things fashionable. fashions come and go. what is tacky? tacky is subjective. what one person thinks is tacky, another person has "created" by starting a trend. then its on to the next trend.

are you really 24? you don't come off as if you are...

you wouldn't be questioning this stuff, IMO if you were really 24. this stuff is commonplace all over america. at least up and down the east coast and the west coast, and texas.

i have more examples. this time from celebs:

bonus:

we are fashion icons. period. lol @ ny being tacky. ppl cannot be serious. nyc is one of if not THEE fashion capital of the world for a reason.
People who think for themselves do not care what celebrities wear.

The fact of the matter is that you are arguing that everyone IS alike by the way they dress because everyone supposedly wears NY fashions.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:36 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,452,056 times
Quote:
if the youth of your city looks like:

then you got that from us. you're welcome.
Wow, I hope to god people don't actually don't dress like those dudes. I can see the "hey look, I'm a retarded rappper!" thing if you're in a rap video...but as for day-to-day dress it's like...umm, what? Do you realize how effing stupid you look?

The girl doesn't look as bad. I could see girls wearing something relatively simialr to that to go out.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:37 PM
eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
God bless America.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Wow, I hope to god people don't actually don't dress like those dudes. I can see the "hey look, I'm a retarded rappper!" thing if you're in a rap video...but as for day-to-day dress it's like...umm, what? Do you realize how effing stupid you look?

The girl doesn't look as bad. I could see girls wearing something relatively simialr to that to go out.
its fashion.

when have we not looked stupid? pick a decade.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
amen! I wanted to rep ya but can't

Old 02-24-2010, 01:39 PM
eek

we live in america, tho.
all we care about as a country are ourselves, money and sex.

there are whole channels dedicated to what celebrities eat, wear, and do.

my aunt makes six figures a year caring about what celebrities wear. so...

Old 02-24-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
we live in america, tho.
all we care about as a country are ourselves, money and sex.

there are whole channels dedicated to what celebrities eat, wear, and do.
No YOU and people like YOU care about what celebreties eat and wear and so on. I don't as many others. Maybe you all care so much because you live amongst them?

Old 02-24-2010, 01:44 PM
eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
No YOU and people like YOU care about what celebreties eat and wear and so on. I don't as many others. Maybe you all care so much because you live amongst them?
perhaps. we set the trends tho and the rest follow...
which is what i was saying earlier.

have you ever seen the devil wears prada? i think thats the movie...where the girl that wasn't into fashion tries to tell the ppl that are about themselves but she gets sonned when her boss tells her that the ugly sweater she's wearing is based off of a past trend that trickled its way down to the bargain bin in the store she got the sweater from.

there's a trickle down effect to this sort of thing where ppl that think they aren't influenced just don't know that they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.