U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 11:03 AM

3,234 posts, read 7,627,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
Except that everybody wears clothes....silly. Talk about faulty logic.
so????? There are a plethora of groups that have lots of tats. You are comparing everybody to one group that make up a minority, making your logic very faulty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2011, 11:32 AM

29 posts, read 205,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
These days nobody really cares. And honestly, tattoos aren't even that "counter-cultural" anymore. Everybody is getting one. It actually seems more radical to not have a tattoo at all these days.
Agreed. Personally, I find *most* of them ugly, but to each their own. I guess society today is more 'tribal' in a sense than it was pre-1990 anyways, so it's just a changing culture. I think we'll be surrounded by tattoos for hundreds of years.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:05 PM

15,504 posts, read 17,720,777 times
They are pretty common in Albuquerque. In fact, there seem to be 2 or 3 tattoo parlors inside every tattoo parlor and every business seems to be a tattoo parlor or offer tattoos of tattoos. Tattoos are the new air. People without tattoos don't even exist anymore.

Frankly, tattoos have become so banal that you are only considered edgy if you are a tattooed fetus tattooing your twin fetus.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:27 PM

236 posts, read 312,833 times
The are pretty common in Nashville. I guess because of all the musicians.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:58 PM

299 posts, read 574,260 times
Phoenix was recently ranked as America's tatoo capital. http://livingsocial.com/deals/system/press/Vanity_Survey_Fact_Sheet_Phoenix.pdf
No surprise here considering a good share of tatted-up people are lowlifes. Phoenix can't ever seem to get notoriety for world-class, cosmopolitan aspects like high-paying jobs or the performing arts. Instead it's tatoos, wacko politics, heat, sand storms, and home foreclosures.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:48 PM

16,440 posts, read 16,539,969 times
I Body Mod via "Donuthead" and am accepted everywhere.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:04 PM

208 posts, read 364,496 times
I live in a miserable little slice of hell, alternately referred to as South, Southwest, Midwest and Low Plains. Personally, I don't like tattoos but am also not into judging others....much. I typically disagree with most others in my region on most subjects but I can't really say whether tattoos are accepted here or not 'cause the subject doesn't come up that often. I guess it's not a big deal.

Basically, this is the way I'd approach it: If your friends, family and the people you care about are okay with it, then it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:56 PM

313 posts, read 386,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecollar View Post
By extreme I mean hundreds in the form of full sleeves, not 1 or 2 trendy bicep tattoos. The reason for asking is that I have noticed differences when visiting regions of the u.s., with the west coast cities being the most likely to not care, while the southern cities definitely noticed, and it's not always harmless attention, sometimes law enforcement can hold just as many prejudices. I'm especially interested in the midwest because this is where I want to relocate in the spring, but this region is rumored in the the tattoo community to be the least tattoo friendly (and again, I'm talking heavy coverage).

I did a search for this and either found nothing or out of date info.

Edit: I'm more interested in the general mindset of the community, not what hiring managers think.
Portland, Oregon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or