U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 07:54 PM

48,658 posts, read 45,766,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
It is you who is misinformed. The very same book that many of your flock use to condemn homosexuality instructs precisly thusly. And since it is the innerrant word of gawd, if you don't follow it to the letter, you are as damned as a homosexual.
Jesus Christ teaches us to hate the sin, but to love the sinner. It means I don't like the things a sinner does, but I won't hate the sinner himself/herself. I pray for that person and still treat that person with respect and love. That is what Christianity is about. It is about loving other people the way Jesus would love. Jesus died for us all and then rose from the grave. If that isn't love, I don't know what is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 08:01 PM

6,349 posts, read 8,429,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Jesus Christ teaches us to hate the sin, but to love the sinner. It means I don't like the things a sinner does, but I won't hate the sinner himself/herself. I pray for that person and still treat that person with respect and love. That is what Christianity is about. It is about loving other people the way Jesus would love. Jesus died for us all and then rose from the grave. If that isn't love, I don't know what is.
Sounds like a Zombie or a Vampire...

Old 01-23-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Sounds like a Zombie or a Vampire...
Not it's not and that's not even funny.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Not it's not and that's not even funny.
I wasnt joking. I am not too familiar with Jesus but coming back from the dead is associated with Zombies, ghouls, wights, liches, banshees, vampires, etc. Im curious how they are all different.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
I wasnt joking. I am not too familiar with Jesus but coming back from the dead is associated with Zombies, ghouls, wights, liches, banshees, vampires, etc. Im curious how they are all different.
I've never heard Jesus' death and resurrection associated with zombies or any of that stuff.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:18 PM

2,665 posts, read 2,191,181 times
Quote:
Jesus Christ teaches us to hate the sin, but to love the sinner. It means I don't like the things a sinner does, but I won't hate the sinner himself/herself.
You missed my point. Your holy manual instructs to kill those who do certain things. Disrespecting your parents. Working on the Sabbath. It instructs that slavery is acceptable, under certain conditions. It instructs that women are inferior to men.

To NOT kill disobedient children, per your manual, makes you a sinner.

Quote:
Jesus died for us all and then rose from the grave. If that isn't love, I don't know what is.
To what end? For what purpose?

First, assuming life continues after death, even if Jesus was but a normal man, his death was meaningless. Not much of a sacrifice.

Second, assuming JC was who your book says he was, his death was even LESS of a sacrifice than a "normal" human. He was spirit god, became human man, and went back to being spirit god. What did he sacrifice exactly? He lost nothing. Sacrifice requires loss.

Finally, a loving god requires a blood sacrifice? Death? Pain? A loving god requires someone to suffer in order to not leash his vengeful, hateful wrath upon all? Such a meanspirited creature, if he actually existed, is not someone with whom I would like to be associated.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
I've never heard Jesus' death and resurrection associated with zombies or any of that stuff.
Im not associating that alleged event with Zombies, but the similarity between the once living coming back from the grave. Surely you see the parallels?

Old 01-25-2012, 08:51 AM

1,407 posts, read 1,660,285 times
I'd say our decline began with Vietnam. The country has never really recovered from it.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:17 AM

711 posts, read 1,293,130 times
Blame the American military industrial complex...

There never was a recession, don't fall for the lies....

Old 01-25-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendof302 View Post
Blame the American military industrial complex...

There never was a recession, don't fall for the lies....
Then what do you call everything from 2007 onward?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or