Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 04:13 PM

16 posts, read 78,009 times

Advertisements

What states/cities do they have 1 bedroom homes available for rent? I am not looking for duplexes, I want to live in a detached house because Im a musician and i do not have to worry about bothering neighbors. My budget is around 600-800 a month.

What areas in america do they have abundance of 1 bedroom homes to rent? or is it pretty much scattered throughout the country? It wouldn't really matter where I lived as long as the place was in a relatively safe area and somewhat close to the city. Im looking to rent for 6month to a year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 06:16 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,513,903 times
Indianapolis would be one location i would recommend.
Nations Most affordable housing market/lowest cost of living of any major US city/low taxes too and a 1% property tax cap for Indiana. Strong economy and the fastest growing city/metro in the midwest and the First Northern city to be on the Super Bowl host rotation list. Also within a days drive to 75% of the US population which is a major convience

Homes for Rent in Indianapolis - Rental Homes in Indiana would be a good place to start lots of homes to choose from.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:42 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
How big a city do you need to be close to? All around Wisconsin and Michigan, there are cottages on small lakes that are often suitable for year round occupancy, and you can get them very cheaply for the winter months. Typically around $400 a month in the winter, and $400 a week in summer for a larger place with three bedrooms. They are clustered in places where the access is plowed, so you'd never be snowed in for more than a day.

In fact, in northern Michigan, you can find houses that are on roads that are not plowed at all, and do not have electricity, you'd have to lay in fuel in the fall, and walk several blocks through the snow out to where your car would be parked, but I've known people who have done it.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:31 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,860,718 times
It would be a limited area, like a vacation cottage type of place, where anyone would go to the trouble to build a detached house with only one bedroom. A detached house almost always needs a minimum of two to be a sound investment for anyone. I can't think of any one bedroom homes in any of the places I've lived, but that is primarily the south.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:39 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingman89 View Post
What states/cities do they have 1 bedroom homes available for rent? I am not looking for duplexes, I want to live in a detached house because Im a musician and i do not have to worry about bothering neighbors. My budget is around 600-800 a month.

What areas in america do they have abundance of 1 bedroom homes to rent? or is it pretty much scattered throughout the country? It wouldn't really matter where I lived as long as the place was in a relatively safe area and somewhat close to the city. Im looking to rent for 6month to a year.
Are more bedrooms OK, or do you only want one? I live in Wilkes-Barre PA
We are 2 hrs from NYC and 2 hrs to Philadelphia, minutes to mountains, lakes, skiing, 2 hrs to ocean beaches.

For 500 - 800 per month you can rent a detached 2-3 bedroom older home in the city. I love it here! Two universities in town, pretty historic district, surrounded by natural beauty.

We moved here from NY last year and we are very happy.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:37 PM

93,326 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Check here: MapsKrieg - CraigsList Apartment Listings Mashed With Google Maps

Old 03-25-2012, 06:39 AM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingman89 View Post

Check out Nashville. There is plenty within your budget and living in a city with a thriving music scene would make it all the better.

Old 03-25-2012, 06:46 AM

6,353 posts, read 11,591,423 times
Look for a concrete block house in the south. That way you are less likely to annoy the neighbors as concrete absorbs sound. But it's not good for cold climates.

What is your source of income?

Old 03-25-2012, 08:33 AM

546 posts, read 1,177,141 times
I think you could check out Oaklahoma City. The rents there are very cheap and there seems to be a lot of detached homes there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.